The England Thread

Pilko

I still don't know if I should get one or not. I'm not to sure about a name and number though, look a bit blank to not have one, but I can't think of any player to put on the back.

I'm already decided. It's a nice shirt and it'll show off my upper body.

They should bring one out with one of these Messi necklines:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y80/nin-420/asj.jpg?t=1257462660

Guest kingdawson

Oh and I still wouldn't take Crouch to South Africa.

Yeh i know, he only scores goals.

Has he ever scored goals against quality opposition at international level?

Can you list the quality opposition he actually started against please? bit hard scoring goals when you're sitting on the bench.

I still don't know if I should get one or not. I'm not to sure about a name and number though, look a bit blank to not have one, but I can't think of any player to put on the back.

It might not work though as not everybody would be cool enough to pull it off.

Guest Stephen927

Womens football, it's a maybe.

Can you list the quality opposition he actually started against please? bit hard scoring goals when you're sitting on the bench.

So we highlight how effective he's been against relatively average opposition tonight coming on as a sub but can't point out he's been shite against the likes of Brazil and Portugal when he's come of the bench?

So we highlight how effective he's been against relatively average opposition tonight coming on as a sub but can't point out he's been shite against the likes of Brazil and Portugal when he's come of the bench?

Well if he scores against shit opposition, we can use him in the group stages and then sack him off for the difficult games.

Crouch will probs score goals in the group stages, given our opposition. Probably wouldn't take him though.

Was Heskey injured tonight? Surprised Capello has deferred from the him-Rooney partnership if not...

Guest kingdawson

So we highlight how effective he's been against relatively average opposition tonight coming on as a sub but can't point out he's been s**** against the likes of Brazil and Portugal when he's come of the bench?

You're going on as if we're going to be up against elite teams in every game of the WC. Our group consists of Algeria, USA , and Slovenia. If we go through there's still a chance we'd face another easy team.

Who cares if a player doesn't perform when he's coming on as a sub anyway? It would be great if a sub can make a difference but it's up to the first X1 to deliver. Crouch has proven he can score goals for England.

Guest kingdawson

oh and every England player played shite against Portugal and Brazil so i don't think that proves he can't score against the big teams, simply because he didn't manage to score coming on as a sub.

When do you play quality opposition at international level without getting to the last 8/4 of one of the two major tournaments which is only every two years?

Guest icemanblue

The fuck's up with ITV scheduling?!

First up, the big England match! Followed by the news. Then, the big England match!

Of the target men, Crouch is our best finisher, so I think he's bound to go. I'd still start with Heskey.

I hate to admit it, but Milner now looks England class. I think he's a cert to go, and he'll push for a starting place.

Walcott relies too much on his pace, and that won't be enough at the World Cup. SWP might drive you crazy with his decision-making, but he can be a threat against any opposition.

It wasn't a great performance, as we lost the ball a lot, often with players like Rooney and Gerrard trying to do too much.

We wouild be better off dropping Lampard and switching Gerrard into the middle. I thought Lampard was slopwer than Nolan tonight, although I only watched the first half.

Liked the look of Zidan. If we could afford him in the summer, I would love to see him playing up front for NUFC. However, he is probably out of our price range.

England wont get any further than the QFs. Too predictable and as others say, cannot play against passing sides. With Lampard and Barry in the centre of midfield, we are too one paced and slow. Hope Johnson and Cole are fit by the summer because Baines and Brown are not the answer there.

We wouild be better off dropping Lampard and switching Gerrard into the middle. I thought Lampard was slopwer than Nolan tonight, although I only watched the first half.

Liked the look of Zidan. If we could afford him in the summer, I would love to see him playing up front for NUFC. However, he is probably out of our price range.

England wont get any further than the QFs. Too predictable and as others say, cannot play against passing sides. With Lampard and Barry in the centre of midfield, we are too one paced and slow. Hope Johnson and Cole are fit by the summer because Baines and Brown are not the answer there.

Doubt it, isn't getting a game at Dortmund. Would be a good buy.

As far as Crouch goes I'm not sure why he has so many plaudits. I admit he certainly offers something different in terms of his height but then there are better headers of the ball around.

In my opinion he's not a great footballer and therefore struggles against the better sides. People are saying bang him against lower opposition but that's denying a chance to someone may do well against both stronger and weaker opposition. At the end of the day with squad we have we should be aiming to win this tournament in South Africa (not that I think we will), players like Crouch are not going to help us do that, particularly in the latter stages.