The England Thread

Pilko

Defensively, we've looked vulnerable in both games. The midfield have played a major part in that.

You can't blame the midfield for Jagielka ball watching on two occasions.

The fact is there are three out of the back 4 who aren't good enough.

...but you can the midfield for the amount if exposure Jagielka suffered per game. When you're defence isn't good enough you need a midfield that will A) keep the ball and/or B) shield the back four. Ours was set up to do neither.

Or he could just select defenders that are good enough. This isn't club football where you're restricted by budget, some more than others, where you may need to shield certain players. This is the World Cup and we have decent defenders who aren't even there. Steven Gerrard isn't a shielding type midfielder nor will he ever be, he's a playmaker whose legs aren't what they were. Jordan Henderson is a box to box bog standard midfielder who has had a good season despite previously looking average at best.

Who are these quality centre backs you speak of?

It's not shielding certain players either. It's just logical to select a midfield capable of keeping the ball in order to give the defence some respite.

I didn't say centre backs, I said defenders. Bringing in John Terry and Ashley Cole for Jagielka and Baines would in my opinion have us sitting with at the very least 2 points. I wouldn't be so critical if he was blooding youngsters but he isn't.

nowt will change with the F.A and Gerrard will bow out having had the joy of gifting Man City the title and contributing to one of if not the worst ever showings in a finals by any captain in my lifetime (51) ,hindsight and all that bollocks starting with who he left behind Terry for instance not blessed with pace but a great reader of the game but less legs than gerrard now sadly so a non starter ,Cole would have done better than Baines imho who was woeful for the most part but that is not the issue now its moving forward and changing our mentality that has been mentioned previous and playing with a freedom but not fear that is killing us every tournament .

I hope this means we don't have to continue to suffer Gerrard in an England shirt any longer.

farewell performance v Costa Rica and he is captain fantastic  :suicide:

From RAWK

Thought Luis hit just the right note after the game last night - understandably ecstatic and overcome with the emotion of the occasion with his countrymen, but not crowing. Respectful, considerate of his clubmates' heartbreak.

"I thought it was very classy indeed how he measured his celebrations in front of the England players; he has every right to be absolutely over the moon, smiling and fistpumping, but there was no mocking or rubbing it in. Ste broke out of the embrace 'cause he was devastated and angry with himself, and had no time for a triumphant friend's consolation, and Luis understood. It was a touching gesture both to give Ste a hug, and to walk away in a considerate restrained manner, I felt"

"Hopefully they organise a last friendly at Wembley for him.  That would just be awesome"

:icon_puke_r:

Drop him, start the cull now.

Almost impossible not to qualify for Euro 2016 given the daft expansion and the utterly toss group so no reason not to bin off the shite.

I hope this means we don't have to continue to suffer Gerrard in an England shirt any longer.

From RAWK

Thought Luis hit just the right note after the game last night - understandably ecstatic and overcome with the emotion of the occasion with his countrymen, but not crowing. Respectful, considerate of his clubmates' heartbreak.

"I thought it was very classy indeed how he measured his celebrations in front of the England players; he has every right to be absolutely over the moon, smiling and fistpumping, but there was no mocking or rubbing it in. Ste broke out of the embrace 'cause he was devastated and angry with himself, and had no time for a triumphant friend's consolation, and Luis understood. It was a touching gesture both to give Ste a hug, and to walk away in a considerate restrained manner, I felt"

"Hopefully they organise a last friendly at Wembley for him.  That would just be awesome"

‘I dreamt this. I’m enjoying this moment, because of all I suffered, the criticism I received. So, there you go.'

The criticism he received for racially abusing a fellow footballer and biting another.  He's just a class act all round.

I wouldn't go massively wacky tbh

Forster

Johnson Cahill Jones Baines

Gerrard Wilshere

Sterling Barkley Rooney

Sturridge

That'd do it for me.

I think Baines deserves time starting for England at lb, given his many years behind Cole. Once again, imo the most important change we need is a mental one, not a massive personnel change.

+ I'm only playing Gerrard in order to give him a last game everrr game.

From RAWK

‘I dreamt this. I’m enjoying this moment, because of all I suffered, the criticism I received. So, there you go.'

The criticism he received for racially abusing a fellow footballer and biting another.  He's just a class act all round.

hope he leaves Liverlol now and those bastards will wallow in self pity and go on a hate rage and tbh he is still bitter hence the quotes after the game  ;D

I wouldn't go massively wacky tbh

Forster

Johnson Cahill Jones Baines

Gerrard Wilshere

Sterling Barkley Rooney

Sturridge

That'd do it for me.

I think Baines deserves time starting for England at lb, given his many years behind Cole. Once again, imo the most important change we need is a mental one, than a personnel change.

are you on drugs Gerrard ffs  :frantic: he contributed as much to our defeats as our woeful defence imho  :blackeye:

The problem with the national team is the Premier League. The FA have created a monster that makes plenty money, but to the detriment of the national team and grassroots football. English football has been destroyed by its own greed and I for one am pissing myself laughing! This day was always going to come and will things get any better? Will they bollocks. National team will slide down the rankings as Scotland and Wales have done. Fuck the FA the sack of greedy cunts!

:lol: That quote is hilarious tbh

He's just such a little wanker. :lol: Fucking English public pay the majority of his astronomical wages and he comes out with that shit.  Hope he fucks off to Spain.

Totally oblivious to how deplorable he is. A true villain. Respect that personally.

Suarez also called it his "retribution" for the treatment he's received over here.

He's a great footballer; but he's an altogether bigger Cnut. As for the Scousers, they'll be cheering on Uruguay all the way now. Suarez is a Scouser after all.

Suarez also called it his "retribution" for the treatment he's received over here.

He's a great footballer; but he's an altogether bigger Cnut. As for the Scousers, they'll be cheering on Uruguay all the way now. Suarez is a Scouser after all.

#justcantgetenough was trending on Twitter at HT. Sad victim cunts.

The problem with the national team is the Premier League. The FA have created a monster that makes plenty money, but to the detriment of the national team and grassroots football. English football has been destroyed by its own greed and I for one am pissing myself laughing! This day was always going to come and will things get any better? Will they bollocks. National team will slide down the rankings as Scotland and Wales have done. f*** the FA the sack of greedy c***s!

Definitley a part of the problem no doubt.

Media too, the over arching 'negative' or 'fearfull' feel we always have approaching games/tournaments. Would like to see us embrace a tournament for the fun of it a bit more. the fear factor is always lurking too much for me.

Plus the national bloody anthem is such a dire, dirge of a 'tune'. Depressing at the best of times, may as well have 'Abide with me' to set the utter negative tone...Love the passion and positivity you see from other nations whilst our lot painfully twat out that piece of shit.