Obafemi Martins joins Wolfsburg for £9m

Guest Geordiesned

And look who we have left: - Ameobi, Carroll and Smith (who doesn't even class himself as a striker any more). No pressure Ranger. We've been playing Nolan up front in some of the friendlies! The future's shite. I can't believe 25000 people have bought season tickets.

Guest The German

FT Wehen [1 - 4] Wolfsburg

25' [0 - 1] Grafite

41' [0 - 2] Z. Misimovic

51' [0 - 3] E. Dzeko

56' [0 - 4] Z. Misimovic

62' [1 - 4] S. Bohl

That's not even the full truth...

(Misimovic is their Offensive Midfielder, Playmaker)

25' [0 - 1] Grafite (Assist: Dzeko)

41' [0 - 2] Z. Misimovic (Assist: Dzeko)

51' [0 - 3] E. Dzeko (Assist: Misimovic)

56' [0 - 4] Z. Misimovic (Assist: Grafite)

62' [1 - 4] S. Bohl

MotM: Dzeko

We definately need to sign a replacement asap. The lack of pace in our strikeforce now is equal to us playing Geoff Horsefield and Steve Howard. Not that Martins used his pace in the best of ways, but he scared defenders and had the balls to try and go at them..

Guest Wally_McFool

We definately need to sign a replacement asap. The lack of pace in our strikeforce now is equal to us playing Geoff Horsefield and Steve Howard.

Shurrup man, you will be putting ideas into Hughton's, JFK's or Ashley's head.  ;D

Guest Gemmill

He was the best striker at the club but just got injuries all to often, he was a great when he got a spell of games. I always like him and Ill forever remember that strike against Spurs, but was very frustrating seeing him squander some quality chances. Imo 9million doesn't seem enough for him in this season transfer market considering his age? and reputation, but we could of sold him for 50million and wouldnt see a penny of it

:lol: £9m seems like a fucking fortune for a player with no first touch, no composure, and no intelligent movement tbf.

He was the best striker at the club but just got injuries all to often, he was a great when he got a spell of games. I always like him and Ill forever remember that strike against Spurs, but was very frustrating seeing him squander some quality chances. Imo 9million doesn't seem enough for him in this season transfer market considering his age? and reputation, but we could of sold him for 50million and wouldnt see a penny of it

:lol: £9m seems like a fucking fortune for a player with no first touch, no composure, and no intelligent movement tbf.

Difficult to price players these days, certainly isn't worth anymore in this context though.

Amazed by how "meh" I am about this like.

The context of the moment has left me feeling thoroughly 'meh' about everything football. If the move hadn't been finalised on such a sad day i'd probably feel a bit more gutted about Oba going.

But it was an inevitability so... yeah. Meh.

am wondering where this particular wedge is heading for, if it's where I supspect will he reduce the club price by the same amount ? nah don't answer course he won't.

You suspect that Ashley's going to put it all in his back pocket (despite it being paid in installments over the course of 3 or 4 years) yes?  Just like he never has before? :nope:

The money will go into the club as every past transfer fee has.  Putting the money into the club and making it more financially stable in order to get a higher fee from potential buyers is a much better way to do things for Ashley.  Trying to funnel it out whilst selling the club would potentially scupper any sale all together and would be pretty much impossible given the nature of how transfer fees are paid.

Guest The German

Thats just a fake contract, its one year longer then the contract before but the reason for it was that Dzeko wanted a AC Milan clause that he can go for around 35 million euros to AC Milan in 2010...

Dunno why anyone's happy about the price seeing as we'll never see it. I'd sooner have given him away.

why ?

Because the money will vanish, just like the £20-odd million we got for Milner, N'Zogbia and Given did.

Dunno why anyone's happy about the price seeing as we'll never see it. I'd sooner have given him away.

why ?

Because the money will vanish, just like the £20-odd million we got for Milner, N'Zogbia and Given did.

most of those monies are still to arrive aren;t they and those that have arrived probably went into the coffers to help finance the wages and other debts.

why ?

most of those monies are still to arrive aren;t they and those that have arrived probably went into the coffers to help finance the wages and other debts.

Not got any debt according to Mike.

why ?

Not got any debt according to Mike.

we were spending more each year than we had coming in so even if he had paid off all the debt the following year there'd be more.