Obafemi Martins joins Wolfsburg for £9m

Guest Geordiesned

Guest sicko2ndbest

Hughton knew nothing about the deal until it was done

Hughton, however, admitted that he was not made aware of the transfer of Obafemi Martins, who signed a four-year contract with Wolfsburg on Friday.

He said: "I was made aware when it was a definite deal. At this moment there are no other transfers.

"I don't have a remit to bring any players in, it's something I haven't spoken about.

"Apart from those who left last season, we have the full complement of players minus Obafemi Martins.

"When and if it needs to be addressed it will be at the appropriate time.

"It's not been difficult to plan, all you can do is work with the players that you have got."

skysports

After watching the Dundee game. We are missing him already. Big time. NEEDS to be replaced.

Loved the wee boy, exciting. More than we could say about the rest of them.

we missed him at the orient game.

The sale will have been recommended by either Shearer, Harris or the new buyers. No surprise to hear Hughton had no input.

Can't see why Shearer would have anything to do with it - he's already said he's had no contact with the club. And if there were new owners having any sort of input - they would have fitted their own carpets by now. Ashley or whoever will have gone to Harris and said there's been a substantial offer submitted for one of the 'assets', and asked him what he thought. We've got nowt to lose by selling Martins.