Xisco has his say

Dave

give over. it is not inexcusable.

it's harmless. and you know it. you are simply trying to be all PC and clever.

"puff" - are you seriously offended by that? how did you ever make it through school ?

Keep digging, caveman...

Just about every thread that mentions Xisco has a post or three somewhere in it with an allusion to his sexuality, while most have it has been said in a jokey way nothing has been said about it. Some people are getting a bit too precious over this.

Then I would suggest that any further discussions about footballers should stick to fact and personal opinion on their footballing ability and not personal attacks or slurs on their character and/or sexual orientation. It's not the fact that he was called a puff for me. If someone is crap, say they're crap, no need to use childish slurs.

Guest Ebolarama

Then I would suggest that any further discussions about footballers should stick to fact and personal opinion on their footballing ability and not personal attacks or slurs on their character and/or sexual orientation. It's not the fact that he was called a puff for me. If someone is crap, say they're crap, no need to use childish slurs.

This.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/championship/newcastleunited/5552260/Xisco-kid-lifts-the-lid-on-Newcastle-chaos.html

Xisco kid lifts the lid on Newcastle chaos

Newcastle United did not wake up to their snowballing problems and the possibility of relegation "until it was too late'', according to Xisco, their Spanish Under-21 forward.

By Henry Winter in Varberg, Sweden

Published: 6:47PM BST 16 Jun 2009

Having made only five league appearances last season, Xisco certainly has a point to prove when he faces England at Gothenburg's Ullevi Stadium on Thursday in the Uefa Under-21 Championship.

The £7 million recruit from Deportivo La Coruna has come to represent the naivety, tension and lack of planning of the Mike Ashley era.

Xisco is understood to have been the signing of two Ashley allies, Tony Jimenez and Dennis Wise, whose involvement in transfers antagonised the manager at the time, Kevin Keegan.

Xisco fell victim to the politics of St James' Park, being ignored by Keegan, then Joe Kinnear and finally Alan Shearer. He has four years left on a lucrative contract, will learn next season's Championship schedule when the fixtures come out on Wednesday and is incredibly frustrated.

"This last year has been hard, very hard," Xisco said yesterday. "When I signed from Coruna I knew Newcastle were a historic team, great fans, great players and a lot of money.

"But there were many problems. First it was like a small snowball, then the problems rolled and rolled, got bigger and bigger and then when it was time to wake up it was too late. We did not have time to recover.

"I knew the story that Keegan was not the one who wanted to sign me. We never spoke much. I would say 'hello'. That was about it.

"When Kinnear came... for me nothing. On that first Monday I knew I would not be playing. There was no communication with Kinnear. I was very angry. For a player the most important thing is respect. I felt they didn't care if I trained well or trained badly. It was 'You stay here and train one or two hours and then go home'.

"The first game when Kinnear left [became ill] I played 10 minutes against West Brom and this day was like 'wow, I play again!' Next reserve game I played against Manchester City and I get an injury with my toe. I was out for 2½ months.

"At the beginning it improved when Shearer came in. But I understand his situation. He had to use players who had played all season. He had only eight games to change it around. That was too short. But no one thought Newcastle would go down."

Xisco paints a picture of a club in paralysis, waiting for Ashley to sell up, leaving players in limbo, although all are available for sale barring the likes of Sebastien Bassong and Steven Taylor.

"They don't know what they want," added Xisco of the board. "I don't know what I will do. Newcastle don't know what will happen with the manager, who is the manager, nothing.

"I have to wait for a call to see if they want me there or if they want me to go on loan. I cannot afford another year like it.

"I need to play. If I can't play at Newcastle I have to find another team. I love England and Newcastle is a nice city to live in.

"I was surprised because I had heard many legends about England. About the weather, the food and the time when everything closes – 5pm!

"In Spain it is not like this! But I was together with [Fabricio] Coloccini and Jonas [Gutierrez] and life in the city was good. Beautiful people, always friendly.

"I am sad for everyone because Newcastle fans are amazing. I remember my first game when I came. It was: 'Wow, what a team, what fans.'

"It has all been very sad for the club and the city. When we win or when we lose the mood of the city changes."

A regular with Spain's Under-21s despite his travails at Newcastle, Xisco cannot wait for Thursday.

"I have to show to the Newcastle fans what I can do. I have given many tips to my team-mates about England. They have a strong team of very good, quick, quality players. We know their principal dangers: [Theo] Walcott and [Gabriel] Agbonlahor. I like the right-back [Micah] Richards too."

No surprises - it is/was a fucking mess. :(

Wasn't that the Hull game btw? :lol:

Back on topic I've gotta say I'd be delighted to see him at our club next season, he sounds like he has the right attitude and let's be honest, for the last few years that's something very few of our players have had.

I'd like to see him given a go, seems like he's had to battle through a complete mess at the club with no encouragement from the staff.

We just need this limbo to be over so that we can stop wasting time... can't see it happening in time for the season though.

Guest Stephen927

I think wshmag meant it in a harmless way. Through high school in Newcastle using the word gay as an insult was pretty commonplace, I just think something has been lost in translation here.

I think wshmag meant it in a harmless way. Through high school in Newcastle using the word gay as an insult was pretty commonplace, I just think something has been lost in translation here.

I disagree, we need to start confronting this kind of casual abuse of people based on their sexuality. It's not on.

Aye, but still a bit of a wanky thing to say about one of our players like, especially one who can hardly carry the can for where we are now, if wshmag was gonna fire off insults however they were meant then surely he'd have done it elsewhere...the Alan Smith thread perhaps?

Guest Stephen927

I disagree, we need to start confronting this kind of casual abuse of people based on their sexuality. It's not on.

I'm not saying its acceptable by the way, just that it is used a lot, at least in the North East.

I'm not saying its acceptable by the way, just that it is used a lot, at least in the North East.

It's used a lot in the North West too, as I'm sure over most of the country. Doesn't make it right and it's something we've got to stop seeing as acceptable.

Crap, S**t, useless... all perfectly acceptable adjectives.

Guest Micktoon

Wouldn't have mattered if he was Fernando Torres, Kinnear would never have given him a game.

what a fucking stupid thing to say.

Get real, Kinnear didn't even acknowledge Xisco was here. When he was talking in the press he would say "I have however many strikers" and name them and not even mention Xisco. He was treated appaulingly.

why single out kinnear?

shearer didn't play him either , you know. i suppose shearer wouldn't pick torres as well ?

fact is, if he was good enough he would have played. the fact shola and carroll were picked ahead of him speaks volumes.

He injured his toe in a reserves game and was out for most of the run-in. Shearer didn't have a chance to see him enough in training did he?

if xisco wanted to play, he should have asked kinnear/hughton/shearer why he wasn't being picked or what he had to do to prove his worth.

but what did he do? fuck all.

he waited until the end of the season, he waited until kinnear had fucked off, he waited until he was out of the country and then he let his mouth go.

Tell you what, you try being 22, in a foreign country, employed by an organisation that couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery, where the manager might not be the manager tomorrow and you try and be a success. I don't know whether Xisco could have been any good for us, as he was never given a chance. Do you reckon his confidence and self-belief would not be affected by being snubbed by the gaffer? How do you know he didn't knock on Kinnear's door and ask why he wasn't given a chance? There has been zero communication from the club on anything this past year. Get off the lad's back ffs.

one fucking interview to a newspaper and all of a sudden the cunt is innocent.

he is shit.

Just out of curiosity how do you know he's shit. How many times have you seen hime play to make this expert opinion.

i've been there all his first team appearances. and he's looked out of his depth.

missed a sitter at home to hull in the fa cup but that's kinnear's fault for not saying hello.

Oh I'm sorry didn't realise that through his vast array of first team opportunies and the fact that he missed a sitter made him garbage, I once saw Torres miss a sitter does that make him a kakky stabbing waste of space. Spain U21's and a canny reputation before he came to the St James' footballer graveyard suggest that he might have something about him given the chance

Guest Stephen927

It's used a lot in the North West too, as I'm sure over most of the country. Doesn't make it right and it's something we've got to stop seeing as acceptable.

Again, don't get me wrong, it's not something I'd use to put a player down. I stopped using that word as an insult in Year 9.  :lol:

Again, don't get me wrong, it's not something I'd use to put a player down. I stopped using that word as an insult in Year 9.  :lol:

Wish I could remember year 9 :lol:

I wasn't having a go at you, it was just a general post on my opinion, sorry if it seemed that way.

Anyways, Xisco, next year, sounds good to me, lets give him a chance if he stays and not get on his back.

:hom:

This.

:gayfight:

and he's a puff .

I'm sorry, that's inexcusable and not want I want to see on this board.

Agreed tbh. Just uncalled for.

I'd rather be dull than a disgrace. Hope you get bummed tbh.

:slap:

[move]Credits: All homophobic stereotypes in this post were kindly provided by your local mods and admins[/move]

Guest firetotheworks

puffs aplenty on here.

Well done

http://www.brt12.eu/downloads/09/03/columbo.jpg

Mike Ashley cant be called a fat c*** from now on. It's a very personal insult

BAN THE INEXCUSABLE FATTOPHOBES!!!

Sexuality is not a conscious choice, imo.

Becoming MA's size seems more of one, though.

Some people just have big bones or a bad metabolism