The 2009-2010 Betting Thread

Kaizero

Fulham/Cardiff - £10 pays £73

Forlan to score 2 or more - £10 pays £100

*hopes to god that Extra Time counts*

10/1 to score at least 2 in a potential 120 mins!? Great value.

Heading towards the well known loss-meltdown, so have withdrawn all my current funds for the time being bar £30, which I've tossed at random Baseball matches.  :blush:

Aye, always get out of there while you've still got the funds and have a breather.

Took most of my Skybet funds out (admittedly on a slightly smaller scale) this evening due to knowing I'd just hoy it on stuff I'm not expecting to win and thus would be more than likely throwing it away. Good luck with the baseball like.  :lol:

metz and sociedad for tonight.

wouldn't it be good if there were a site like oddschecker in showing a range of odds but they held your cash and you could access all the others through them without having to sign up to each individual site ?

in fact i've decided that next week i'm going to sign up to them all, taking advantage of the free bets etc. i have a spare bank account that i can use as a clearing house to transfer money in and out of. i know there'll be  drag from money paid in (usually 2 to 3 days) but i'll just have to keep an eye on it.

metz and sociedad for tonight.

wouldn't it be good if there were a site like oddschecker in showing a range of odds but they held your cash and you could access all the others through them without having to sign up to each individual site ?

That would be quality. You could make a few quid by making that site O0

Related to what madras is saying: all these online sites that offer free bets (well, match your bet) upon joining them - couldn't you just join a number of them, place a bet on a fairly certain event and make a rather tidy profit?

Related to what madras is saying: all these online sites that offer free bets (well, match your bet) upon joining them - couldn't you just join a number of them, place a bet on a fairly certain event and make a rather tidy profit?

You could do matched betting and win all of the time.  I think I made about 6k in the first year and signed on to a sh**load of bookies in the UK and overseas.

It just seems a bit too good to be true. I've only been doing online betting for a few weeks; I assume the theory from the bookies' POV is that if you win your initial bet, you'll get suckered in and fritter it away?

If you're interested in matched betting, here's an example....

Say Coral are offering 'Bet £100 and get another £100 for free'.

You put £100 on Newcastle to win at 2.0.  You then lay the same bet at Betfair for the same amount.

So no matter the outcome, you break even.  (Newcastle win, you win £100 at Corals, but lose £100 at BF and vice versa)

You now have a free £100 bet.

Place another £100 bet on Man U to win at 2.0 and lay the same at BF.

If Man U win, you're £200 up and lose £100 at BF = £100 profit.

If Man U fail to win, then you lose nothing at Corals (free bet), but you win £100 at Betfair = £100 profit.

That's an ideal situation, but odds are never exactly the same and you've got commission to take into account.  Sometimes the bookies don't give your original stake from a free bet back, but there's ways to take that into account.  But that's the general idea of it.

You put £100 on Newcastle to win at 2.0.  You then lay the same bet at Betfair for the same amount.

So no matter the outcome, you break even.  (Newcastle win, you win £100 at Corals, but lose £100 at BF and vice versa)

If Man U fail to win, then you lose nothing at Corals (free bet), but you win £100 at Betfair = £100 profit.

That's an ideal situation, but odds are never exactly the same and you've got commission to take into account.  Sometimes the bookies don't give your original stake from a free bet back, but there's ways to take that into account.  But that's the general idea of it.

What if Man Utd draw?

What if Man Utd draw?

You win the lay at BF.

I know they've just won the Europa League etc., but Atletico Madrid are 7/2 to beat Getafe at home. Getafe have had a great season, but still........

i was looking at that earlier when they were 4/1. i was assuming they'd said they were putting the lids out or something.