The 2009-2010 Betting Thread

Kaizero

I love the blatantly rigged odds in the French and Italian leagues.

Padova (20th) are at home to Ascoli (11th). Ascoli have won their last two away games while Padova are without a home win in 3.

Padova 2/11, Ascoli 9/1. :lol:

The tragic thing is that I still want to bet on it.

Guest Heneage

Needed every penny I could muster for that f***er.

I hope you aren't talking about her there.....

Helsingborgs concede within 1 and a half minutes.  :lol:

About that, it took Kalmar six (6!) seconds to score the winning goal, the fastest goal ever in Sweden. And even more impressive/weird is that Helsingborg took the kick off! Worth checking out at youtube, search for Kalmar - Helsingborg 1-0 and you'll find it

Helsingborgs concede within 1 and a half minutes.  :lol:

About that, it took Kalmar six (6!) seconds to score the winning goal, the fastest goal ever in Sweden. And even more impressive/weird is that Helsingborg took the kick off! Worth checking out at youtube, search for Kalmar - Helsingborg 1-0 and you'll find it

I'd rather not, the twats. Top of the league, unbeaten, against 10 men, fuck off man.

:lol: Not you. I'll begrudgingly check the goal out later.

Won £18 on millwall/millwall tonight. Sweet

Holy fuck.  Can you do that with accys?  I might put a 10-way Inter/Inter/Inter/Inter/etc accy on for Saturday.  This is class!

Only joking, sorry.  I know what you're talking about. :lol:

very tempted to put a bit on spain for the world cup,to lay later in the tournament but i'm a bit worried about them coming up against the physicality of the ivory coast in the first knock out stage.

Thinking of sticking a fiver on this @ 18/1:

A - Mexico to qualify

B - Argentina group winner

C - England group winner

D - Serbia to qualify

E - Holland group winner

F - Italy group winner

G - Brazil to qualify

H - Spain group winner

(returns £98.14)

Guest BooBoo

In regards betting each way in terms of WC outright winner do bookies pay out on the 3rd and 4th placed teams or is it simply winner and runner up? Similarly what's the crack betting EW on top goalscorer?

Guest BooBoo

Argentina, England, Holland, Italy and Spain to win their groups (all bankers really) is roughly 4/1. Easy-ish money!

Very rarely works out that way though. At least one of those teams will probably drop shock points and not top their group.

Argentina, England, Holland, Italy and Spain to win their groups (all bankers really) is roughly 4/1. Easy-ish money!

Very rarely works out that way though. At least one of those teams will probably drop shock points and not top their group.

France, Brazil and Germany could be like that. But for that to happen with these groups.....its asking a lot - even with Maradona!

Guest BooBoo

The Dutch are classic chokers and the Italy team doesn't get the pulse racing. Even England could face a race for top spot off the Yanks.

In regards betting each way in terms of WC outright winner do bookies pay out on the 3rd and 4th placed teams or is it simply winner and runner up? Similarly what's the crack betting EW on top goalscorer?

All bookies are different, but it should tell you at the top of the betting page what places e/w will pay out on.

My mate had Rotherham, Belgium, Croatia and Sevilla i think it was...

Unsure what his Dad had. He's coming back to Sheffield tomorrow too so drinks on him!  :celb: