The 2009-2010 Betting Thread

Kaizero

Salford beating Saint Helens 22-12 coming upto H/T & SKY BET are still giving Salford +10.5. Saints good team but not at there best today may be worth a punt.

Good call mate. I backed Over 68.5 points at HT. Tried to get on +10.5 but it changed to +7.5 when I went to place the bet.

Blackpool -48 vs Gateshead tomorrow. O0

Pretty decent odds on El Fabuloso.

Thd odds on Higuain to finish top scorer were around 40-50 few weeks ago. Down to ~20 now, wish I had bet some then.

No chance imho. Maradona is pretty defensive and their group is rather decent, so no 6-0 to Saudí Arabia to pad out the goalscoring stats.

i know valencia have nothing to play for and tenerife do but the odds seem tempting given their respective form and performances. anyone heard anything regarding teams ie valencia putting a load of squad players out etc ?

i know valencia have nothing to play for and tenerife do but the odds seem tempting given their respective form and performances. anyone heard anything regarding teams ie valencia putting a load of squad players out etc ?

Apparently Zigic is starting, I presume Villa will play if as they are saying it is going to be his last game.

Thd odds on Higuain to finish top scorer were around 40-50 few weeks ago. Down to ~20 now, wish I had bet some then.

No chance imho. Maradona is pretty defensive and their group is rather decent, so no 6-0 to Saudí Arabia to pad out the goalscoring stats.

On the other hand, whilst he may score a few against North Korea, Fabiano will probably find it difficult to score against Portugal and the Ivory Coast in what is quite a tough group.  I can see Higuain and Messi taking apart the Group B defences.

On the third hand  :shifty:, Brazil are probably a better bet to get further in the tournament even if I do think Argentina will surprise.

On the other hand, whilst he may score a few against North Korea, Fabiano will probably find it difficult to score against Portugal and the Ivory Coast in what is quite a tough group.  I can see Higuain and Messi taking apart the Group B defences.

On the third hand  :shifty:, Brazil are probably a better bet to get further in the tournament even if I do think Argentina will surprise.

Is Nilmar likely to start most games? If so, last time I checked he was around the 25/1 mark.

What a ludicrous accusation.  :shifty:

Don't have time to go in depth as I'm about to head out, but this is what I have on:

Rosenborg -1

Start

Molde (kicks-off at 3pm instead of 5pm like the others.)

Add Viking or Strømsgodset to beef up the odds after your liking, I have Viking on mine but both should win their respective matches in theory going by their form vs. their opponents form. Could be better to choose Strømsgodset in hindsight, given that it's the 16th of May and all the teams are desperate to show off at home with big crowds.

Don't bet on the matches involving Brann, Tromsø or Aalesund as they can go either way. 

£20 I won yesterday on Roma and Parma, with the hope of re-investing it later today.

eh ?

(or is this in reference to the italians fixing matches ?)

He won £20 yesterday and is putting it on Roma and Parma winning today.