BBC: Freddy Shepherd £60m offer for NUFC likely to be accepted

jimmymag
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest nwgeordie

If anyone should be embarrased it is Ashley. He has destroyed a great club and his own bank account.

Shepherd and Shearer would work.

Shepherd loves big Al as much as the terrace fan, and would give him complete and utter control on football matters. Shepherd knows Shearers value to club financially and emotionally and would give him all of the tools he requires to be succesful

I am extremely excited by a Shearer and Shepherd combo

What you makes sense.  However, this is one big risk and personally, I do not want FFS anywhere near the club.  He was partly to blame for the shit we are in and people seem to be conveniently forgetting that.

No wanking for me.

Positive

Shepherd has learned from his mistakes

Negative

Shepherd is a one trick pony

I've never heard or read about Shepherd admitting that he's ever even made a mistake - let alone learn from the experience.

If we get him back so be it. But whilst he does know something about the club and the football business it would be naive to think he will have somehow morphed into a different being. I'm interested in whose money he'd be using tbh. 

Shepherd on his own simply does not have enough cash to fund the club for at least one season in the Championship.

Whoever buys the club needs to set aside enough money to pay the wages of all of our current players in the event that we can't shift the high wage earners.  That means that they'll need an additional £60m.

How is Shepherd going to find that?  Borrow against future season ticket sales & sponsorship deals?  We've been down that path before with Shepherd and it wasn't pretty.

If Shepherd is simply the front man for a consortium who keep him on a very tight leash it might work, but Shepherd on his own is a disaster waiting to happen.

Guest fading star

Positive

Shepherd has learned from his mistakes

Negative

Shepherd is a one trick pony

I've never heard or read about Shepherd admitting that he's ever even made a mistake - let alone learn from the experience.

If we get him back so be it. But whilst he does know something about the club and the football business it would be naive to think he will have somehow morphed into a different being. I'm interested in whose money he'd be using tbh.   

Fair comment. Shepherd is the devil we know, the other bidders are a mystery. We don’t know where their money is coming from either.

We’re probably looking at a post purchase investment of at least £30m to avoid going bust. Another £20m to mount a promotion challenge. Could Shepherd be stupid enough to use up all the funds on the purchase?

Shepherd on his own simply does not have enough cash to fund the club for at least one season in the Championship.

Whoever buys the club needs to set aside enough money to pay the wages of all of our current players in the event that we can't shift the high wage earners.  That means that they'll need an additional £60m.

How is Shepherd going to find that?  Borrow against future season ticket sales & sponsorship deals?  We've been down that path before with Shepherd and it wasn't pretty.

If Shepherd is simply the front man for a consortium who keep him on a very tight leash it might work, but Shepherd on his own is a disaster waiting to happen.

Well if it is FFS by himself and we fail to get out of the CCC after a year at least when we go under we'll take him with us.

Guest neesy111

i don't know whether to laugh or cry at the moment, this is taking me to the edge at the moment

just another summer in the world of newcastle united ffs

It official!!

I HAVE HAD EFKNOUGH, cannot take any more day by day bullshit, close to sale in the morning story blown to bits by dinner time and then more shit for tea.

fk it and fk this mess I need a break. and am taking one...

It official!!

I HAVE HAD EFKNOUGH, cannot take any more day by day bullshit, close to sale in the morning story blown to bits by dinner time and then more shit for tea.

fk it and fk this mess I need a break. and am taking one...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Admin shall be releasing it's official response to the Freddy Shepherd reports either later tonight or tomorrow.

I'm sorry, what?

Due to the magnitude of the event, Newcastle-Online's admin will be releasing its response.

On positive if there is one as least FS is interested on the negative he'll be stripping out the dividends making sure he gets paid and recoups his spends F**K Me Ashley's returned in disguise,we're back in the sh*t.