BBC: Freddy Shepherd £60m offer for NUFC likely to be accepted

jimmymag
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest ObaStar

The reports are still saying that he will be the lead figure of a consortium which would mean he isn't in full control of the club.

he would be chairman so yes he would be

The reports are still saying that he will be the lead figure of a consortium which would mean he isn't in full control of the club.

Which is also a huge positive, as far as I'm concerned.

The mans ambition has never been in doubt, but there have been a number of key gaffes, notably most of the entire post-SBR period and key bits right before it, that do make me question his decision making.  If there's another board to answer to that can keep him in check I won't be so worried. 

So he'll be the fall guy again like he was for the Halls? ;)

So, people are happy going from a chairman who had someone above his manager making the deals to a chairman who just ignored what his managers said and bought players who were nothing else than trophy signings?

Fuck me, I can't believe that so many are happy to see the fat cunt back. Yes, he's better than Ashley, but to be fair, a three year old bairn would be better than Ashley at this stage, that doesn't mean we should be happy getting him in. People saying "better the devil you know", how is getting someone we know is shite better than getting someone who might be good?

So, people are happy going from a chairman who had someone above his manager making the deals to a chairman who just ignored what his managers said and bought players who were nothing else than trophy signings?

Fuck me, I can't believe that so many are happy to see the fat cunt back. Yes, he's better than Ashley, but to be fair, a three year old bairn would be better than Ashley at this stage, that doesn't mean we should be happy getting him in. People saying "better the devil you know", how is getting someone we know is shite better than getting someone who might be good?

Not defending by any means Shepherd buying players behind the manager's backs at the time, however he wouldn't dare do that to Shearer.

Guest johnson293

I voted undecided.

On one hand it means getting rid of Ashley, and hopefully drawing a line under all thats happened in the last 2 years.

On the other hand, its Freddie ****in Shepherd, and he (allegedly) almost bankrupt the club last time, as well as the managerial appointments, undermining of managers, and signings he is alleged to have made.

Hopefully though, he may have learned from past errors, even though he publicly denies responsibility for any of it.

If Shepherd really is the front runner with a £60m offer, then the others must have bid less, and perhaps may not be much better than Ashley in the longrun, in terms of investments in the team.

Not defending by any means Shepherd buying players behind the manager's backs at the time, however he wouldn't dare do that to Shearer.

Fair point, but what happens when he sacks Shearer? He'll probably see himself as the only Geordie icon left to manage the club and appoint himself :undecided:

f*** me, I can't believe that so many are happy to see the fat c*** back. Yes, he's better than Ashley, but to be fair, a three year old bairn would be better than Ashley at this stage, that doesn't mean we should be happy getting him in. People saying "better the devil you know", how is getting someone we know is s**** better than getting someone who might be good?

What makes you so confident he won't do that, he's done it before and he'll do it again whether it's Shearer in charge or not. His  ego is to big if he thinks he can make a trophy signing whether Shearer wants him or not, he'll do it!.

f*** me, I can't believe that so many are happy to see the fat c*** back. Yes, he's better than Ashley, but to be fair, a three year old bairn would be better than Ashley at this stage, that doesn't mean we should be happy getting him in. People saying "better the devil you know", how is getting someone we know is s**** better than getting someone who might be good?

Fair point, but what happens when he sacks Shearer? He'll probably see himself as the only Geordie icon left to manage the club and appoint himself :undecided:

I wonder what the odd are on Shepherd appointing Keegan after sacking Shearer?

I wonder what the odd are on Shepherd appointing Keegan after sacking Shearer?

If that ever happened we would be the laughing stock of the football world. Never mind let's all laugh at Sunderland, let's laugh at Newcastle United.

If Shepherd really is the front runner with a £60m offer, then the others must have bid less, and perhaps may not be much better than Ashley in the longrun, in terms of investments in the team.

Good point. Do we really want the alternative if they're trying to get the club for less than 60% of the asking price?

On the other hand that might be all Shepherd's group has. :undecided:

This 100m has always been a joke.

It was certainly a joke if Ashley was also expecting to get full value for the debt he's lent the club. Many people have assumed that the asking price was £100 million with the debt written off. The only indication that was the case has come from George Caulkin in the Times. If there is any truth in any of this Shepherd stuff and the offer is £60 million with the new owner taking over the full debt then that is an astonishingly good deal for Ashley and values the club far higher than anyone on here thought it was worth.

More info needed on all this for me - especially who is in the consortium. Shepherd doesn't have anything like the money so if its going to fly he needs other backers with very deep pockets alongside him.

Good point. Do we really want the alternative if they're trying to get the club for less than 60% of the asking price?

He'll be paying players with Mrs Shephards home cooking.

I'd be more worried if anyone paid anywhere near the asking price for the simple reason that they don't have to. Ashley has created a fire sale and it's his own money he's burning. Fucking idiot!

Ashley not you.  :laugh:

I'd be more worried if anyone paid anywhere near the asking price for the simple reason that they don't have to. Ashley has created a fire sale and it's his own money he's burning. f***ing idiot!

Ashley not you.  :laugh:

I really can't see Ashley writing off that 100 million especially in this sort of economic climate I bet who ever takes the club on will have to pay back Ashley, probably why they offered so low a price for the club.

I'm still intrigued as to who would leak this, and what their motives are for doing so.

Is it Shepherd testing the reaction? Could it be Ashley trying to force bids out of others?

I'm still intrigued as to who would leak this, and what their motives are for doing so.

Is it Shepherd testing the reaction? Could it be Ashley trying to force bids out of others?

Why would Shepherd be bothered about the reaction?

He's about to buy 100 percent of what he sold a fraction of a while back for not really a great deal more money.I'd imagine the pound signs in his eyes are the most important thing to him right now.

Rich, self serving people don't give a scooby what us common proles think.