Utrecht game cancelled, playing Leyton Orient (a) £45rtn Train

Crumpy Gunt

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1722389,00.html

United Face Orient In Extra Pre-Season Date

NEWCASTLE United will now play Leyton Orient in a pre-season warm-up match on July 25 after the FA withdrew permission to play a friendly against FC Utrecht on the same weekend.

The Magpies had been due to travel to Holland to take on the Eredivise side on Sunday, July 26, but they will now face The O's at the Matchroom Stadium on Saturday, July 25 (kick-off 3pm).

Leyton Orient are currently managed by former Wales international Gerraint Williams and finished 14th in League One last season.

Ticket news will follow in due course on nufc.co.uk

Nice to see we are being ambitious about who we play this pre-season...

Irish League, League 1, League 1, League 1, Scottish Premier League and League 2. Wowza.

Getting practice in for next year?

Leytonstone, on the Central line. I used to go there on the bus when I was too little to go away with Spurs.

It's more East London than West Ham, very old school. The ground looks a bit sad now after all the Barry Hearn shenanigans.

I'd drink in Central London if you're taking the train down - loads of pubs round Holborn, then the Central Line out.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/luton_town/8152302.stm

Luton angry with cancelled match

Luton Town have reacted angrily to Leyton Orient cancelling their pre-season friendly in favour of a game against Newcastle United.

Director Antony Brown told the club's website: "We are extremely dissatisfied with Leyton Orient's approach.

"If we were in a similar situation under no circumstances would we have called off the game."

The Hatters, who had been due to play Orient on 24 July, are now looking for another club to fill the fixture.

Newcastle had been looking for a new pre-season friendly after the Football Association told them not to travel to Utrecht for a game.

:jesuswept:

We're just destined to fuck everything up aren't we.

Leytonstone, on the Central line. I used to go there on the bus when I was too little to go away with Spurs.

It's more East London than West Ham, very old school. The ground looks a bit sad now after all the Barry Hearn shenanigans.

I'd drink in Central London if you're taking the train down - loads of pubs round Holborn, then the Central Line out.

Cheers. I'm in London anyway, Leytonstone will be pretty easy to get to. If anyone else is heading down there's also a good selection of bars in Broadgate right outside Liverpool st (also central line), very enjoyable on a sunny day.

edit: that's if they're open on a weekend...

Very tempted but I have a wedding that evening so the lass and her family would murder me if I didn't turn up. Will see what time I am supposed to be there, if its not till 8 I reckon I would make it.

Nice to see we are being ambitious about who we play this pre-season...

Irish League, League 1, League 1, League 1, Scottish Premier League and League 2. Wowza.

Getting practice in for next year?

Probably. You would think Ashley would be encouraging us to try and get friendlies against big name teams so he could cash in on some attendances before he fucks off for a cornish pasty, 3 jumbo sausage rolls, 4 pizza slices and 8 doughnuts from Greggs.