Beckham kicks off after boos

Slim

didn't donovan go on loan to bayern? why's he getting pissy about beckham going on loan to milan?

Yep, spent some time training with them then a few months later in January went on loan until March.

Did he miss the start of the season to get it extended though?

My initial reaction is that Beckham is a legend and a brilliant player, and Galaxy are a comedy club in a mickey mouse league... so if he would rather be at Milan I can't blame him.

Like other people have said, he went to the US far too soon, really can't fathom why he did it when he did.

My initial reaction is that Beckham is a legend and a brilliant player, and Galaxy are a comedy club in a mickey mouse league... so if he would rather be at Milan I can't blame him.

He signed for them though. How can you not blame him?

Owen didn't give 100% here, is that acceptable just because he wanted to be elsewhere? Fact is Beckham has treated that club like absolute dirt, and pocketed a shedload of money in the process. If he wants to play for a good club he should have thought about that rather than only thinking about the moolah when making his decision.

Owen didn't give 100% here, is that acceptable just because he wanted to be elsewhere? Fact is Beckham has treated that club like absolute dirt, and pocketed a shedload of money in the process. If he wants to play for a good club he should have thought about that rather than only thinking about the moolah when making his decision.

Yeah, can't argue with that... if he doesn't want to be there he should keep it to himself really. In his defence, seems like he's always done alright for them on the pitch, and he didn't go AWOL like some players when they don't want to play for a club.

Don't think he's actually done much wrong, except be honest enough to say he'd like to stay at Milan.

Yeah, can't argue with that... if he doesn't want to be there he should keep it to himself really. In his defence, seems like he's always done alright for them on the pitch, and he didn't go AWOL like some players when they don't want to play for a club.

Don't think he's actually done much wrong, except be honest enough to say he'd like to stay at Milan.

Didn't he extend his loan with Milan to miss the start of the season in the US? Also I'm pretty sure they've gone well downhill since he got there, presumably not his fault though. If I was a Galaxy fan I'd be absolutely fuming with the man, I know he is bigger than the club but you can't put up with that sort of behaviour. He's shown about as much loyalty to them as he did to his wife when Rebecca Loos came calling.

Didn't he extend his loan with Milan to miss the start of the season in the US? Also I'm pretty sure they've gone well downhill since he got there, presumably not his fault though. If I was a Galaxy fan I'd be absolutely fuming with the man, I know he is bigger than the club but you can't put up with that sort of behaviour. He's shown about as much loyalty to them as he did to his wife when Rebecca Loos came calling.

If I was a Galaxy fan I would be angry as well, but I'd hope that I'd realise where my club is in the grand scheme of things, and where Beckham is.

The way I see it, he's made an error by joining Galaxy so soon and he's trying to rectify it. You might say he's selfish, and he probably is, but you only get on career.

Mowen - was Rebecca Loos your lass at the time? either way, you've clearly got a grudge against Becks.

never really been a fan of his, but go back to his situation at the time - dropped by England, dropped by Real and no contract offered until it had almost expired and the fans forced the club's hand.

No-one genuinely thought Beckham would be anywhere near the Englad squad by this point, let alone have a shot of making the side for South Africa next year. I doubt either party negotiating his Galaxy contract thought that he'd be flying here and there to try and stay fit for England.

This is the guy's last chance of national glory, he'll definitely retire from England duty after 2010 WC and he can fulfill the rest of his Galaxy contract & focus on raising the standards over there

Nah, she's well out of my league, I've got a very disappointing face.

I don't really have that much against Becks per se, I just find the hero worship of him in this country (as a whole rather than any specific poster on here) quite cringeworthy. I also don't understand why he's not come in for any criticism regarding his behaviour towards his club side that he chose to sign for. Seems like he gets a seperate set of rules applied to him.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/8169956.stm

And again. Probably trying to engineer a move away.

:rolleyes:

Tbh I think he's pretty sensible, he might be a bit thick apparently, but I don't think he lacks common sense. I think its quite clear he wants to leave. I don't think he's stupid enough to do the same mistake in the space of a few days. Think how much and how well he dealt with the abuse after the WC1998 red card.