Arsenal or Liverpool.

Crumpy Gunt

I wonder how many Liverpool fans will blame a beach ball, and not their over-reliance on 2 players and subsequent mediocrity without them.

And the selling of Alonso. Their fans have placed Benitez above criticism but that might be one of his biggest mistakes.

I wonder how many Liverpool fans will blame a beach ball, and not their over-reliance on 2 players and subsequent mediocrity without them.

And the selling of Alonso. Their fans have placed Benitez above criticism but that might be one of his biggest mistakes.

To be fair to Benitez on that one, the Italian lad (forget his name) he bought to replace him hasn't kicked a ball yet.

To be fair to Benitez on that one, the Italian lad (forget his name) he bought to replace him hasn't kicked a ball yet.

Aquilani. An unknown quantity (in the PL) compared to Alonso but he's going to gave to play really well to rescue their season.

Granted, but selling Alonso full stop comes across as foolish. Unless, there was no way he was going to stay.

Granted, but selling Alonso full stop comes across as foolish. Unless, there was no way he was going to stay.

Agree totally, I've always rated Alonso as being a cracking player. Still too early to hang that one on Benitez just yet. If Aquilani bombs then he'll get stick.....I'd imagine anyway. If they've put him on a pedestal and immune from criticism that's their fucking problem. I hope they crash and burn big style. 

Agree totally, I've always rated Alonso as being a cracking player. Still too early to hang that one on Benitez just yet. If Aquilani bombs then he'll get stick.....I'd imagine anyway. If they've put him on a pedestal and immune from criticism that's their fucking problem. I hope they crash and burn big style. 

I hope their fortunes improve.

... :iamatwat:

yes but hes got a long history of injury aqualaini and was bought injured for 20m they had a perfectly steady rb and spunked 16m on glen johnson when they needed a striker to play beside torres. I doubt liverpool will finish in the top 4 man city look the real deal this year

yes but hes got a long history of injury aqualaini and was bought injured for 20m they had a perfectly steady rb and spunked 16m on glen johnson when they needed a striker to play beside torres. I doubt liverpool will finish in the top 4 man city look the real deal this year

I hope they get relegated. I'm just saying they can't use selling Alonso as a stick to beat Benitez with. Yet...

Let's see how he does when he's fit and if he's shit then Benitez will kop it. (geddit? geddit? :lol:)

I hope they get relegated. I'm just saying they can't use selling Alonso as a stick to beat Benitez with. Yet...

Let's see how he does when he's fit and if he's s*** then Benitez will kop it. (geddit? geddit? :lol:)

actually losing alonso can be put down straight to lafa, he tried to sell him to pay for barry (i know who id rather have in the side and it aint barry) would you have felt compelled to stay if you were alonso after that treatment?

Let's see how he does when he's fit and if he's s*** then Benitez will kop it. (geddit? geddit? :lol:)

actually losing alonso can be put down straight to lafa, he tried to sell him to pay for barry (i know who id rather have in the side and it aint barry) would you have felt compelled to stay if you were alonso after that treatment?

Hang on, I'm not defending his decision to sell Alonso. I'd have Alonso in there before Barry or Aquilani without question. I'm simply saying that it can't be used to hammer Benitez until Alonso's replacement actually plays.  :thup:

Also, if Real came in for me - I'd be packing my bags as I took the phonecall.

Pretty sure Alonso wanted to leave though. And to the only club who would pay the ridiculous money that Madrid would for him.

Guest SupermacTheLegend

I reckon Liverpool will do good this year, the just need to look out for them pesky balloons,

Arsenal, who have a team of Kids, should do pretty well to, i reckon they'll finish above Liverpuddle and Citeh.

I like tottenhams chances aswell.

I reckon Liverpool will do good this year, the just need to look out for them pesky balloons,

Arsenal, who have a team of Kids, should do pretty well to, i reckon they'll finish above Liverpuddle and Citeh.

How do Arsenal have a team of kids? What utter tosh.

Guest SupermacTheLegend

How do Arsenal have a team of kids? What utter tosh.

Not all of them but they do have quite alot of younger players.

Arsenal are great to watch, I wouldn't be at all unhappy to see them win the league. Their problem - cliched though it is to say this - is that they're such a bunch of gigantic pussies, no steel whatsoever. So when things are going well for them, they will go well. When things don't go their way, though ....

Oh, and a real, championship winning level goalscorer.

Arsenal seem to struggle against any half decent side. Poor against City & Man Utd this season. It's all very well them pissing on the likes of Blackburn & Birmingham, but I can see them dropping points too often.

Arsenal seem to struggle against any half decent side. Poor against City & Man Utd this season. It's all very well them pissing on the likes of Blackburn & Birmingham, but I can see them dropping points too often.

Poor against Utd? IIRC they should have got at least a draw from that.

Poor against Utd? IIRC they should have got at least a draw from that.

I thought they deserved to win that game, two mistakes cost them it.

Man City are flying high and clearly they will be there or thereabouts in the top 4. However, I do expect them to have a dip in form, a few players will get frustrated at a lack of games and a lot will depend on how Hughes manages the situation. He has less pedigree than the other managers and whether they can stay the distance remains to be seen - we know the other sides can. Their team will get better as it gels but so too will other teams learn about their weaknesses and how to frustrate them. They don't look convincing at the back so if teams can figure a way to stop them scoring they might run into problems.

Arsenal are genuine title contenders in my book. They were worth at least a draw at Old Trafford and I thought Man City's 4-2 win flattered them, good though they were. Arsenal had chances in that game and got punished, but at times they cut through City's defence with ease. Bear in mind that both of these games were in Manchester. They'll both have to visit the Emirates after Christmas. Rosicky has just come back after 20 months out of the game, Arshavin has had a full pre-season and will be one of the season's star players IMO, Walcott is back which is a big plus for them and Nasri is still to come back. They are four of the league's most creative players and will Arsenal a massive lift. I'm going to take a punt on Arsenal for the title.

Liverpool have often been slow starters. It's clear that they are dependent on Torres and Gerrard but neither are that injury prone and with them they have an excellent spine to the side. Carragher's form will be a big headache for them. A lot is riding on Aquilani. I don't know much about him but given they spent 20-odd million on him you would expect him to be very good. If he's not then Benitez has dropped a massive bollock. This week will tell us a lot about Liverpool. They have Lyon and Man Utd both at home.

It's far too early to tell but for the sake of a prediction, I'll say Man City will narrowly miss out.