Arsenal or Liverpool.

Crumpy Gunt

In my opinion Arsenal are about to drop out of the 'Big 4' comfy club. Although it could be Liverpool but in any case what effect will it have on the Club that Citeh oust from their little comfortable bed at the top?

Could either Arsenal or Liverpool live without the income that the CL provides? They'll make fuck all in the Europa Cup (or whatever the fucker is called nowadays) Both are carrying major debt that makes ours look like chickenfeed.

Neither.

Liverpool will win the league and Arsenal will once again finish comfortably fourth.

Where do you think Citeh will finish? All the 'top 6' rubbish they spout is exactly that for me - rubbish. They wont be spending like an alki in a brewery to finish top 6

Neither.

Liverpool will win the league and Arsenal will once again finish comfortably fourth.

Where do you think Citeh will finish? All the 'top 6' rubbish they spout is exactly that for me - rubbish. They wont be spending like an alki in a brewery to finish top 6

Don't think they'll finish higher than 6th.  Between them and Villa probably, think Everton will get 5th.

I'd be astonished if City are finished spending yet. I reckon they'll get 2 more in before September, sack Hughes before Xmas, appoint a much better manager and buy 3 more big names in January.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if they reeled in Arsenal this year to finish 4th. Nasri's out, Adebayor's gone and Fabregas could be next. We'll see.

I am more inclined to think that of the two you mentioned it will be Liverpool to drop out rather than Arsenal.

Arsenal have had consistancy in an excellent manager and a perrenially young team. They are unable to hold onto the mega-stars they produce, but they keep producing them... and those that stay invariably get better. Since losing Viera and Henry they don't really have a single player that they rely on for winning. Liverpool on the other hand have Gerrard and Torres which they do rely upon and unlike Arsenal of 6 years ago - they haven't won the league. If Gerrard is out for a portion of the season due to prison or injury, tehn it will be hard for them. Also he isn't getting any younger or better. And Liverpool, like most of the premiership, have questionable finances. Arsenal isn't.

Hopefully both and Man City and Everton finish above them. Having said that, seen as we're not in the Premiership I don't care as long as Liverpool don't win anything.

If Liverpool didn't win it last season after only losing 2 games,then I can't see them ever winning it tbh.

They had home draws against Stoke, Fulham, Wigan and Hull.  If they would even have won 2 of those games, they'd have won the league.

If Liverpool didn't win it last season after only losing 2 games,then I can't see them ever winning it tbh.

They had home draws against Stoke, Fulham, Wigan and Hull.  If they would even have won 2 of those games, they'd have won the league.

If the dog hadn't stopped to shit,he would have caught the rabbit.

We were well on course for taking Arsenal all the way... everything changed when RVP grabbed a 95th minute equaliser at Goodison Park in late January. One of the most undeserved goals I can remember.. but from then on, they raced away from us.

Which makes the opening game of the season rather interesting.

Christ, you could say if we hadn't dropped daft points against the same 4 we'd have been comfortable mid-table. :lol:

I haven't been paying much attention to the Premiership. What have Chelsea done this summer?

Got some Italian guy to lead them to world domination, bought a Russian guy they can't play yet, and refusing to sell an Englishman who is wanted by UAE power-crazy mafia people type people.

Christ, you could say if we hadn't dropped daft points against the same 4 we'd have been comfortable mid-table. :lol:

Slight difference between us and Liverpool like...

Arsenal> anal cavity search> spurs

If Spurs can maintain their Redknapp form of last season over all of this season we could do a lot better than most of the pundits are suggesting.

I think Arsenal may possibly struggle to make 4th this season.  They're not selling the Highbury flats to reduce the Emirates debt, the board split over the rights issue, Adebayor gone, Nasri injured, Chamakh's agent hinting that a move is far from certain, and rumours that Man City are after Kolo Toure.  May be wishful thinking on my part, but Arsenal don't give the impression that they are all singing from the same hymn sheet this time around.

The gap between the big four and the rest was still as big as ever last season. I'd say there was a bigger gap between 4th and 5th, than between 5th and 20th. The top four play a different level of football altogether.

So I don't think Man City will bridge the gap just yet. Arsenal don't look like potential champions due to the size of their squad, but I don't think there's much to choose now between the other three. Man U now look very dependent on Rooney, and a bad injury to him will finish their chances IMO.

I'd still make Arsenal favourites to come 4th, and there isn't a chance of any of the other three dropping down imo. City, Everton, Villa and Spurs all depending on a number of circumstances have the potential to be in the mix (probably that order in terms of likelihood) but it's going to be tough.

Having said that I think Arsenal will miss Adebayor more than their fans seem to. He gets slated for missing a lot of chances, being lazy etc. but he was the only one at that club who could score 30 goals over a season.