Absolutely sickening - Robson's charity to foot the bill for charity match

James

Guest Stephen927
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/multimedia/archive/00644/news-graphics-2007-_644984a.jpg

Guest fading star

any chance of changing the thread title as it's not absolutely sickening.

Nobody is having a pop at the police for charging for their services. The club’s actions are stingy not sickening.

any chance of changing the thread title as it's not absolutely sickening.

Nobody is having a pop at the police for charging for their services. The club’s actions are stingy not sickening.

i honestly can't remember a charity thing like this when the club picked up the tab...shearers and rob lee's charities picked up the bill on theirs.

Guest Geordiesned

I read this on here last night via the WAP site so couldn't read the linked statement.

James... have a word! Talk about mountain out of a molehill!

I am actually shaking with rage having read that. This is the final straw for me.

bluelaugh.gif

Considering our situation I can understand why the club would want to make no money on the event but have their costs covered.

We've just been relegated and have a £65m wage bill over our heads and the club is dying on its arse while we have no manager and an owner who wants out.

Fuking hell man, it's not that big a deal, were in crisis and THIS throws you over the edge?  :rolleyes:

I am actually shaking with rage having read that. This is the final straw for me.

bluelaugh.gif

Considering our situation I can understand why the club would want to make no money on the event but have their costs covered.

We've just been relegated and have a £65m wage bill over our heads and the club is dying on its arse while we have no manager and an owner who wants out.

Fuking hell man, it's not that big a deal, were in crisis and THIS throws you over the edge?  :rolleyes:

then read to the end iof the thread.

Guest neesy111

why should the club have to put up policing costs, staff costs and stewarding for an event which they have organised is beyond me, 99.9% of other organisations would charge for this also

using the milner transfer as an excuse as well, is just mad imo

the club is in dire straights financially at the moment and also the cost's won't be as bad as since the charity is footing the bill, they get tax advantages

Absolutely everything should've gone towards the charity for this. Ashley should've paid for the Police, etc. It's the least he could do to prove he at least has a heart if not a head.

Absolutely everything should've gone towards the charity for this. Ashley should've paid for the Police, etc. It's the least he could do to prove he at least has a heart if not a head.

So in the charitable spirit of things the police should have worked for free and passed the council tax costs onto you for that, and obviously you offered to be a steward and work for free likewise, and the catering staff worked for free and the electricity compancy gave free electricity for the lights and .....

Costs are just that and Charities can claim back VAT to reduce overheads for such events. No way should there be an expectation to give away things like this given the massive costs of running SJP for an event like this. Giving away a function suite for a day would be different. Would you be expecting us to do the same if ITV did that match thing again from which proceeds went to Charity. Clubs have to be consistent or they'd be expected to give away to everything that came their way.