Tim Krul (now playing for Luton Town)

Wallace

I don't know for sure, because he hasn't had a run in the PL, but on balance of probability, Forster has been doing an excellent job for Celtic in the SPL whereas Krul has been adequate in the PL, so I'm putting 2+2 together and hoping for 4.

If I had to put money on who our first choice keeper would be at the start of the 2012/13 season, it'd be on Forster.

Our league is much stronger than the Scottish top division, Krul has had a much tougher set of games to play in than Forster, the SPL is shit.

Aye I can imagine if that Ajax keeper moves to a bigger club he'd be a candidate to get that gig.

Aye thats what I was thinking. Dutch clubs are pretty strapped for cash at the moment so I could only really imagine Ajax or maybe PSV (not sure who their current keeper is) having the clout to afford him.

True. Krul stood out for Falkirk in that league as a teenager so I can imagine he'd have looked sound even at 19 for one of the Old Firm clubs.

Its good experience but I wouldn't use it as a measure of how good either of them is.  The experience of reading a game and having to organise a defence will be good, it’s just not the same as facing quality forwards and midfielders every game.

Ideally, next season I'd like to see us loan out both Krul and Forster and possibly even Soderberg too. It will do them more good than sitting on the bench for us or just playing for the Reserves. It surely wouldn't be too hard to then bring in a cheap, experienced back-up who's happy to sit on the bench, ala Stuart Taylor.

Ideally, next season I'd like to see us loan out both Krul and Forster and possibly even Soderberg too. It will do them more good than sitting on the bench for us or just playing for the Reserves. It surely wouldn't be too hard to then bring in a cheap, experienced back-up who's happy to sit on the bench, ala Stuart Taylor.

Thats what I was advocating in the summer.

Yeah. Or even loan Given for the season as first choice with Harper sub while that pair are away....

Never going to happen, but if we did loan Given in, I'd stick the cunt on the bench and still play Harper.

Guest toonlass

Loaning Forster to Celtic has undoubtably been good for him to gain first team experience BUT the SPL is league 1 standard week in week out with a quick nip into Championship territory when it's the OF games. Even then the OF games this season have not been great in terms of testing Forster this season. He is doing a great job up at Celtic but tbh I think another season with Norwich this season would have been better for him in terms of progress.

Thats what I was advocating in the summer.

Great minds. :pow:

• 2 months later...

Will play tomorrow according to Caulkin.

Isn't Harper just "doubtful" for now?

Most journos seemed to follow up with "Krul will play" - sounds like they're not taking risk with Harps injury.

It is just sad our best goalkeeper is away

http://www.talkceltic.net/forum/showthread.php?t=101942

Away where? I'd be surprised if it was Celtic permanently.

It is not permanent but it doesn't make sense to loan a keeper for the whole season we could get a few points out of him if he was here rather than looking for 3 more points now we could have been safe by now. Regardless of Harper and Krul situation I want Forster here for next season.