Tim Krul (now playing for Luton Town)

Wallace

Guest dazzanufc1892

great hand from the lad again today. good solid performance. hopefully the argument of his or forster can be put to bed, this lad has done it in premier league games now, should be given his chance with a sustained run

Yet another game-saving piece of goalkeeping to complete a second competent performance in a week.

He's still a bit hesitant to command his area and just launch himself at the ball, but he's still a kid.

Quietly impressing me. Here's to four more similar showings.

Four more good games will make it pretty difficult to reinstate Harper next season. Especially compounded with Forster's excellent form.

We may have seen Harper's last game as No.1.

Nah, Pards will put Harper back in at some point. Funny is, Harper has been very good since he came back from the injury. But Krul seems even better after having to sit on the bench for a long while again.

GK never seems to be a problem at this club at least.

He's really impressed me in his last couple of games. He's been calm and reassured, something that any good keeper needs to be. Personally I think he's got to get the no.1 shirt next season- there's no point in sending Krul out on loan again, he's clearly shown he's as good if not better than Harper and will only get better playing at such a high standard.

Another thing about Krul is that he seems to be more athletic and much quicker off his line than Harper.

He's really impressed me in his last couple of games. He's been calm and reassured, something that any good keeper needs to be. Personally I think he's got to get the no.1 shirt next season- there's no point in sending Krul out on loan again, he's clearly shown he's as good if not better than Harper and will only get better playing at such a high standard.

Another thing about Krul is that he seems to be more athletic and much quicker off his line than Harper.

I agree with that. He looks ready.

Despite being under the cosh for the last two games, we've only conceded one goal, and he's played his part in that.

The fight for the number one jersey needs to be between Krul and Forster. Harps just isn't agile enough to play at this level for another year. There have been quite a few instances where he was slow getting down and it's cost us points (Sturridge's goal at St James' for example). That's not something that's going to get any better.

Guest magpie99

Sell Forster to Celtic then.

Just been watching the last old firm derby and whilst he didnt have a lot to do, it was evident that for a big lad, he doesnt dominate his box and seems reluctant to come off his line.

I also think I have seen camels go down quicker than him and this is based on a lot more than today's game.

Krul is twice the keeper.

Krul is class, he's a young keeper and is going to make mistakes it's inevitablenbut he's got everything in the locker to be our No.1 for a very long time.  As for how long Harper will keep going genuinely don't know, but he will be No.1 next season.

Keeper is the one position we dont' have to worry about.

I'm not fully confident with either Krul or Harper.

Who is? But there's not one team bar maybe Liverpool, Man U and Chelsea who can be absolutely confident with their keepers and even then they still make mistakes at times.

Bolton? Jaskelainen makes mistake very often.

Birmingham? Foster is not very consistent.

Brad Friedel is good I'll agree and Paul Robinson is having hell of a year. But half the league still can't rely on their goalkeepers.

And Krul will also only learn if he plays.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I think Joe Hart has had a bit of poor season too, but is currently under the protection of being 'England's only real GK option' syndrome.

I reckon I'd be happy to see Krul as no. 1 next season.  Forster seems highly rated but he's yet to play in a top league, Krul has proven he is capable in this league and has years to improve.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Not sure about proven he's capable, certainly shown he has potential, but like many have said still has plenty to learn. Probably rate him along side Arsenal's GK at the moment... which I'm not sure how I feel about. :ali:

He hasn't looked out of place at all.  I've never been worried when he's played like I have been with Perch for example.  I'm not saying he's proven himself to be a top PL keeper, just that he's capable, just like Williamson has proven himself to be capable in this league.

Krul has been amazing. The way he dealt with the Jose to DJ Campbell was amazing. Also very quickly off his line when Campbell was played through. If he continues like this, he should be number 1 next season.