Tim Krul (now playing for Luton Town)

Wallace

:lol: I'd prefer having a bit of experience. What do we do when whichever of Forster and Krul start making a few mental mistakes? Kick them out for the other? And back again? That'll do great for their morale. Or stick with them and then complain at the end of the season that a more experienced 'keeper would've saved us points? I don't see what the difference is, Krul's inexperience will cost us points, Harper's age will cost us points. But Harper's age costing us points isn't nearly as bad as you'd make it out to be. Overall, I'd prefer to have both the youthful exuberance and the experience rather than double the youthful exuberance.

Great game for Krul.

Unfortunately we're going to have to sell one of him and Forster eventually. There's no avoiding that.

Still amazes me that we worry about that. How many other clubs have such a problem? So unbelievably spoilt by Given and Harper it's unreal. Will be strange in a few years when we undoubtedly become like the others and have to reel in a journeyman back up every couple of years like the rest :lol:

Guest pleno1

Harper just doesn't give any confidence to the team, he reguarly is stranded on his line. Krul commands the box, is very vocal, isn't affraid to play the sweeper role and in general we should be building for the future. If its going to be him or Forster next year we need to give the lad a chance to get some more games under his belt as Foster will be playing two 40+ game seasons in a row and as we know age and experience is super important for goalkeepers.

Guest prestonj1989

He deserves to start the next match at the very least after last nights performance.

If fit, Harper will be straight back in I reckon. Apparently the bench were not happy with Krul's distribution last night.

He deserves to start the next match at the very least after last nights performance.

If fit, Harper will be straight back in I reckon. Apparently the bench were not happy with Krul's distribution last night.

Who says the bench weren't happy?

Agreed! He was flawless yesterday. It's not good man-management to just drop him. As long as he delivers, he should start.

Guess his distribution wasn't slow enough, and his kicks weren't off target enough :/

Guess his distribution wasn't slow enough, and his kicks weren't off target enough :/

You could see him getting frustrated at his own kicks yesterday.

Will never understand why goal kicks are solely about making ground, up the pitch. Look how often someone like Valdes will simply pass the ball out of Alves or Pique to start a move.

He looks more composed than before which is a good stuff. I didn't get that feeling before.

that may be down to the type of game man utd play. fewer hopeful crosses played in so less chance for krul's inexperience. done nowt wrong last night but didn't have a great deal to do.

You could see him getting frustrated at his own kicks yesterday.

Will never understand why goal kicks are solely about making ground, up the pitch. Look how often someone like Valdes will simply pass the ball out of Alves or Pique to start a move.

could be because of the rest of the team they have the opposition are wary of pushing right up against them, also if they push it into midfield it's held and the player in possession has two or three safe options due to the movement.

using barcelona to stress your point about what we should do is never a good idea, also it's something we do a good bit against lesser opposition.

Guest prestonj1989

Who says the bench weren't happy?

The TV commentators.