Tim Krul (now playing for Luton Town)

Wallace

Given how he hated Babel too, can also assume Rafa hates the Dutch.

http://cdn.empireofthekop.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Dirk-Kuyt.jpg

At what scientific measurement does your hair turn into supernoodles?

I think he is by fa our best keeper but probably on close to 50k per week whereas Elliot and Darlow be on half that. Its another example of decisions beinf made on finance rather than football

He was our best keeper about 3 years ago. Now he's just a shadow of what he was. Its purely a football decision. Was on the decline before the injury, and thats just made it even worse.

Guest firetotheworks

Happy with whatever Rafa wants, and I haven't rated Krul for ages. It's a shame because at one time he did look like he could develop into a great 'keeper as well.

Guest Howaythetoon

Krul hasn't progressed and that's down to injuries and us being shit for the last decade. He has the ability, but it hasn't developed as it could have had. He's shot in terms of confidence and development.

• 2 weeks later...

I feel so sorry for this fella, not just because of his injury, but being lumbered with "Banter Claus" Woodman for the best part of his career development. Woodman may or may not have referred to himself as Banter Claus. You decide.

Guest Howaythetoon

He's a good lad Tim who had real potential, but simply hasn't had the level of coaching or the level of defence in front of him to become a top-class 'keeper. Typical product of NUFC really, potential and promise but wasted in the main. Real shame because he loves the club, area and fans.

He's a good lad Tim who had real potential, but simply hasn't had the level of coaching or the level of defence in front of him to become a top-class 'keeper. Typical product of NUFC really, potential and promise but wasted in the main. Real shame because he loves the club, area and fans.

I feel so sorry for this fella, not just because of his injury, but being lumbered with "Banter Claus" Woodman for the best part of his career development. Woodman may or may not have referred to himself as Banter Claus. You decide.

Aye agree with both posts, it's a real shame really.

Guest palnese

Never bothered to learn how to kick a football. I don't really care if he had some shite coaches over the years. That's all on him.

Guest Howaythetoon

Never bothered to learn how to kick a football. I don't really care if he had some s**** coaches over the years. That's all on him.

Or tactics?

Mind, I hate it when a 'keeper kicks it out at any time. Pass the ball out or throw it out. Kicking it up field is like pointing a gun into the sky, pulling the trigger and hoping to kill a bird with it. Waste of time.

Never bothered to learn how to kick a football. I don't really care if he had some s**** coaches over the years. That's all on him.

Or tactics?

Mind, I hate it when a 'keeper kicks it out at any time. Pass the ball out or throw it out. Kicking it up field is like pointing a gun into the sky, pulling the trigger and hoping to kill a bird with it. Waste of time.

That's where the coaching would come in, certainly the tactical side of the game. It all comes down to what has the manager told the coaches to do. Have they even bothered to take an interest in what the GK Coaches are doing? Do the GK know the manager's philosphy, or are they just volleying the ball at the GK for an hour with a few mannequins in the way. Natural reflexes start to wane when you hit your mid 20s, that's when you need to start learning to read the game correctly, and player's body position and foot ques too. But no. Volley the ball at the GK for an hour will just be fine. No need for video sessions.

"I CALL THIS ONE THE BENDER, YA READY TIMMY!"

Ball flies over the bar.

I'm all for personal responsibility in football. Krul has shown a lack of development and that is ultimately his fault.

however, he's an example of why I don't blame players when they want to leave. By all means he's been a good servant for the club, to end his tenure being forced to train with development squad is shameful. There's no loyalty in this game and I won't begrudge any players for not showing it,