Tim Krul (now playing for Luton Town)

Wallace

I'd like to see a continental goalkeeper coach come in and work on his distribution, he could also then show Pardew why its important not to just hoof it at every opportunity.

Can't really blame him too much for this issue ATM, it's not like he's getting any guidance.

Just get him to watch Pepe Reina videos. Can't think there's a better keeper in the Prem for distribution. Players need to make themselves available aswell.

I'd like to see a continental goalkeeper coach come in and work on his distribution, he could also then show Pardew why its important not to just hoof it at every opportunity.

Can't really blame him too much for this issue ATM, it's not like he's getting any guidance.

Just get him to watch Pepe Reina videos. Can't think there's a better keeper in the Prem for distribution. Players need to make themselves available aswell.

Vorm is better than Reina when it comes to distribution IMO

He literally saved the game for us today..outstanding keeper, the passion he was showing throughout the game was good to see too, love him.

Spot on. Just wish Pardew wouldn't make him hoof it all the time.

Yep, literally saved us points yesterday, Given style.

Guest neesy111

He doesn't cost us with Given style command of the area either.

I think he is better at commanding at the area than Given, but I know where you are coming from.

Was holding his hamstring at one point.

Aye, Elliot was getting warmed up.

AHa.

Is that who that was? Saw him head back to the dug out with short fairish hair and thought he's too tall to be ferguson but didn't have a clue who he was.

Was holding his hamstring at one point.

Aye, Elliot was getting warmed up.

AHa.

Is that who that was? Saw him head back to the dug out with short fairish hair and thought he's too tall to be ferguson but didn't have a clue who he was.

Yep, that's Elliott.  Unremarkable.

He doesn't cost us with Given style command of the area either.

I think he is better at commanding at the area than Given, but I know where you are coming from.

Think that's what he was getting at, that he doesn't cost us goals by not coming for the ball.

Guest neesy111

Given didn't command the area at all.

Shay "head away" Given as my dad calls him whenever we defended a set-piece.

Yeah.  Given is one of the best shot-stoppers I've ever seen but rest of his game imo was average.  I believe because he wasn't good all-round was a reason why Wenger didn't sign him as he wanted all his GK's to be good distributors of the ball.

Given's handling was very consistent - exceptionally so at his peak. His reactions and agility were also fantastic.

Rest of his goalkeeping was average, but the above are all you need to catch the commentators eye.