Sir Bobby Robson (1933–2009)

Guest Stephen927

Guest Stephen927

Very well said HTT.

I'm not sure on what the exact quote was unfortunately, just some bloke who had rung or text into the show and the DJ had read it out.

Some of those photos are absolutely beautiful and would move me to tears if I dared to stare at them for more than a second.

Think I'll stop in tomorrow to pay my respects.

Some of those photos are absolutely beautiful and would move me to tears if I dared to stare at them for more than a second.

Been today - but going back tomorrow morning and taking my little 9month old daughter (complete in her toon strip) Gonna take along one of my old Newcastle top's as well and hang it up with the rest.

Been today - but going back tomorrow morning and taking my little 9month old daughter (complete in her toon strip) Gonna take along one of my old Newcastle top's as well and hang it up with the rest.

Good to see you getting your daughter involved so young. :)

Will feel a bit daft going on my own tomorrow, but I dare say it won't last long, and I've got 3 scarves compared to 1 neck, so what else is there to do.

Will feel a bit daft going on my own tomorrow, but I dare say it won't last long, and I've got 3 scarves compared to 1 neck, so what else is there to do.

I went on my own today after work - no big deal so get yourself along. :)

I went on my own today after work - no big deal so get yourself along. :)

I shall.

Though I think I'll have to take my mam, as I'll cry like a baby and she's the only person I want when I bawl.  :weep:

Guest firetotheworks

Im not normally one for doing the whole going somewhere to lay flowers when someone I didnt know dies, but this is a massive exception. I'll be there tomorrow.

Im not normally one for doing the whole going somewhere to lay flowers when someone I didnt know dies, but this is a massive exception. I'll be there tomorrow.

I think I'm gonna get up early and head down there for 9, not exactly my normal behavior of a saturday morning but i'd like to get there when its quieter.

I just did a fairly idiotic thing and looked at a load of youtube videos, now I'm a fucking mess. Idiotic move.

I think I'm gonna get up early and head down there for 9, not exactly my normal behavior of a saturday morning but i'd like to get there when its quieter.

I just did a fairly idiotic thing and looked at a load of youtube videos, now I'm a fucking mess. Idiotic move.

Same x 2

Stuck some videos on while playing Local Hero in the background, the whole build up of that into the bit we all know and love gets me any time.

Shepherd intimating that although he sacked Robson (as chairman), it wasn't his choice. Implying that others were behind the decision - probably the Hall's?

he pretty much said he wanted him to stay, that he was on the right lines and some people over-reacted.

Shepherd intimating that although he sacked Robson (as chairman), it wasn't his choice. Implying that others were behind the decision - probably the Hall's?

he pretty much said he wanted him to stay, that he was on the right lines and some people over-reacted.

And with the Halls selling up pretty sharpish to Ashley without checking him out tells me all i need to know.

I heard Sir John on 5Live earlier on today (whilst driving to the ground) He wouldn't answer when pressed about the sacking of Sir Bobby. Chose to deflect it.

Pretty inappropriate timing anyway tbh

More weasel words from a man who never seems to want to take responsibility for his mistakes. I'm not buying it for a second.

More weasel words from a man who never seems to want to take responsibility for his mistakes. I'm not buying it for a second.

To be fair, Bobby had lost the support of alot of fans at the time anyway, so its unfair to blame Shepherd.

Bobby did great for the club but took it as far as he could unfortunately.