Sir Bobby Robson (1933–2009)

Guest Stephen927

Among those gathering at Durham Cathedral were former Magpies Shay Given, Gary Speed, Peter Beardsley, Terry McDermott, Malcolm Macdonald, Gazza and Alan Shearer.

Sam Allardyce and Jack Charlton were also in the attendance - good to see the latter out and about after recent health problems - while Chris Hughton and the current United first team squad were also present.

Sir Bobby's England managerial counterparts Fabio Capello, Graham Taylor, Terry Venables, Steve McClaren Peter Taylor and Sven Goran Eriksson rubbed shoulders with the likes of Terry Butcher, Eric Gates, Steve Bruce, Niall Quinn, Mick McCarthy and Lawrie McMenemy.

Alex Ferguson, Bobby Charlton, Brian Robson, David Seaman, Roy Hodgson, Gary Lineker and Barcelona boss Pep Guardiola were also spotted among the 1,000 strong congregation.

from nufc.com

I'm sure with soo many people having soo many good things to say about him, it could of gone on forever. After Sir Alex made his speech and went to sit down, was it just me who thought he looked like he had a tear in his eye?

Shame Kevin Keegan didn't make ot around he is shmaeful individual. all my love for him offically over starting today.

KK & SBR weren't the best of friends. KK was dropped as captain and player when SBR tookover England. And some NUFC fans spat at Sir Bobby at a\ NUFC game when he came to watch KK in 1982 becuase he dropped him...

Shame Kevin Keegan didn't make ot around he is shmaeful individual. all my love for him offically over starting today.

Would you have said that if he hadn't of came back for his second spell as manager? Would you shite. Anything to have a go. Maybe he had other important commitments, maybe he wasn't invited.

KK & SBR weren't the best of friends. KK was dropped as captain and player when SBR tookover England. And some NUFC fans spat at Sir Bobby at a\ NUFC game when he came to watch KK in 1982 becuase he dropped him...

Probably a young NG & CP40.  O0

Would you have said that if he hadn't of came back for his second spell as manager? Would you s****. Anything to have a go. Maybe he had other important commitments, maybe he wasn't invited.

All former England Mnagers invited plus he is a lesser of people and when he die he won't get a quarter of what Bobby got today...

Would you have said that if he hadn't of came back for his second spell as manager? Would you s****. Anything to have a go. Maybe he had other important commitments, maybe he wasn't invited.

All former England Mnagers invited plus he is a lesser of people and when he die he won't get a quarter of what Bobby got today...

There are some arguments best left in your head.

i was at SJP today and it was a beautiful ceremony. perhaps it dragged towards the end....i was hoping for a few words from Shearer rather than loads of poems, but Lineker and Fergie's speeches were fantastic. in the stadium, there was an idiot swearing his head off at the end as a steward told him to be quiet on the phone. bellend!

Would you have said that if he hadn't of came back for his second spell as manager? Would you shite. Anything to have a go. Maybe he had other important commitments, maybe he wasn't invited.

:lol:

If ManU hadn't won the league they wouldn't be champions, you know. Anyway, rather inappropriate.