WBA v Newcastle United - Pre match thread. 5:30 KO, Live on BBC1/BBC HD

Pantu

Have our overseas friends sorted themselves for watching this?  I know some were fearful they'd no longer be able to after relegation...

Not going to post links obviously, but they'll find it if they know where to look.

Would I be right in thinking that the team we put out today will have cost more to assemble than the first choice Everton side? Wouldn't be far off I'd imagine anyway. Sobering thought.

I'm sure there was times last season when Everton's team was more expensive than ours.  Ours was never as bad as made out, got quite a few cheap players in our team actually:  Butt, Guthrie, Harper, S.Taylor, R.Taylor, Ameobi, Carroll (all less than £3m).

They've got players like Baines (£6m), Fellaini (£16m), Jagielka (£4m), Yakubu (£11.5m) and Howard (£3m), not cheap.

Hughton appeared to set up Saturdays starting XI against the second string in training. Don't think there were any surprises.

The first string line-up was:

Harper

Taylor Taylor Colo Enrique

Jonas Barton Nolan Smith Duff

Carroll

nice little piece of twattish policing this morning. some lads opposite the central station awaiting their coach to pull away. just standing chatting when a policeman strolls over to within about 10ft, big camera to face and films them all. basically the police saying," we know this actually counts for fuck all but we want to let you know we can do what the fuck we want"

maybe if the police didn't behave like such twats they wouldn't need to think that we think they are a bunch of twats. (thanks gordon/tony for allowing this state control of our "freedom")

Nolan will probably play a bit more of an advanced role in midfield just behind Carroll based on pre-season. To be honest I don't think that playing a 5 man midfield against West Brom away from home is a terrible idea. Most of the midfield appears to be a load of cloggers and our striker is something of a target man. Sounds about right for the Championship all in all.

Win draw or lose I won't be worrying about our Championship safety just yet. Didn't Sunderland lose the first 4 on the trot in their promotion season?

Guest MrSundlofer

With Duff, Enrique and R.Taylor doing crosses into the box today I can see Nolan and Carroll getting a goal. 1-0 to us, 2-2 or 3-0 to WBA...

Have our overseas friends sorted themselves for watching this?  I know some were fearful they'd no longer be able to after relegation...

If you're in the States and can get ESPN360, it is being shown at 12:30 EST.

He has to play Carroll. We look very weak at set pieces at both ends, and Carroll can make a difference there.

The team I'm expecting -

Harper

R Taylor Colo S Taylor Enrique

Guti Smith Barton Duff

Nolan Carroll

Guest Roger Kint

Ranger on the bench?  No online bookies are giving odds for him as last goal scorer  :angry:

Email them and they issue a price straight away

Leaving in an hour  :snod:

Can't bloody wait, I hope we play 2 strikers. I think set plays could be the difference today with Taylor, Nolan & Carroll in the team. Just depends on Raylor's delivery. Think that could be the difference.

Must be pretty uncomfortable for the dog to put that shirt on like  ???

Kna he loves it, fks off amd I have to chase him to get it back off him,  jumps up all excited when I shout him and he see's it in my hands. I thought the sleeves would restrict his walking but it don't, I still don't leave it on him anyway like.