WBA v Newcastle United - Pre match thread. 5:30 KO, Live on BBC1/BBC HD

Pantu

Tickets arrived yesterday, been pretty excited since then despite the s*** situation.

I'll go for a 0-2 win, ignoring all the negativity surrounding the club.

Shola and Jonas with the goals.  :cheesy:

Crazy indeed.  :laugh:

I know :lol: After today's performance, the suggestion that Jonas can even hold onto the ball for more than 2 and a half seconds is laughable!

Last season when west brom were worse than us but now they are going to hump us?  :undecided:

We've lost out strike force, and the rest of the team is vile. they've still got most of their squad intact and have a new manager so they'll obviously be up for it. As opposed to us who'll be fielding at least a few players who ar probably hoping to move on.

Guest Heneage

I think last season has it's bit in that part Nix

I couldn't care if we lost all 38, I go into every game thinking we have a chance of at least winning, we beat them 3-2 last time whats not to say the same won't happen again?

It's either going to be 0-0 or 1-0 in either direction, we aren't too bad defensively (apart from the orient game) we just can't score to save our lives, doesn't help having one of the slowest attacks in history.

We had all this shit last season as well though and still did better than west brom. Ok we have lost owen and martins but we will have hungrier players who give a shit. I don't think they are any better off than us and they have lost a decent manager.

We had all this s*** last season as well though and still did better than west brom. Ok we have lost owen and martins but we will have hungrier players who give a s***. I don't think they are any better off than us and they have lost a decent manager.

Neither Martins or Owen played against West Brom anyway.  :pow:

We had all this shit last season as well though and still did better than west brom. Ok we have lost owen and martins but we will have hungrier players who give a shit. I don't think they are any better off than us and they have lost a decent manager.

Eh? :lol:

We had all this s*** last season as well though and still did better than west brom. Ok we have lost owen and martins but we will have hungrier players who give a s***. I don't think they are any better off than us and they have lost a decent manager.

Eh? :lol:

Trip to Mcdonald's has been planned.

Wor Peter did though:(

It only occurred to me about two days ago that we've lost Lovenkrands. What a fucking shambles. He'd have been an asset in the CCC.

The new season is only going to reignite my hatred of the despicable crooks running our club, I can tell.

Guest Heneage

Wor Peter did though:(

It only occurred to me about two days ago that we've lost Lovenkrands. What a f***ing shambles. He'd have been an asset in the CCC.

The new season is only going to reignite my hatred of the despicable crooks running our club, I can tell.

He's still not signed for anyone.

West Bromwich Albion

With the talent at his disposal, Roberto Di Matteo should be able to mount another promotion campaign. West Bromwich Albion have signalled their ambitions by steadfastly turning down increasing bids for Jonathan Greening, the captain, who, along with Chris Brunt, Borja Valero, James Morrison — once he regains fitness — and the excellent Robert Koren, should form the best footballing midfield in the division. Di Matteo needs everyone to match Jonas Olsson’s desire to defend, and to motivate players such as Luke Moore, while Simon Cox, his only signing to date, who arrived from Swindon Town last month, is new to this level.

Prediction: 3

Newcastle United

They will be the biggest draw in the Championship but that also makes them the biggest scalp. Add to that they are the biggest mess, with the most to lose, and the immediate future looks rather less bright than their horrendous new away kit. So much for the good news. After the 6-1 hammering by Leyton Orient, the exit of Obafemi Martins is likely to trigger more departures, so whoever takes over as manager at St James’ Park — Alan Shearer, Kevin Keegan or Mike Ashley — will have his work cut out to sort a team shape by teatime this Saturday. Unless the club are sold into sensible hands soon, they could even get relegated.

Prediction: 20

:frantic:

We had all this shit last season as well though and still did better than west brom.

Two points better. Woo.

Ok we have lost owen and martins but we will have hungrier players who give a shit.

Is that a joke?

I don't think they are any better off than us and they have lost a decent manager.

They have a manager though.