WBA v Newcastle United - Pre match thread. 5:30 KO, Live on BBC1/BBC HD

Pantu

I meant people like Carroll, lua lua and kadar who will give more of a shit than their counterparts.

They'd have to be Shearer, Solano and Woodgate to negate the effect of the other wankers we'll be fielding.

We had all this shit last season as well though and still did better than west brom.

Two points better. Woo.

Ok we have lost owen and martins but we will have hungrier players who give a shit.

Is that a joke?

I don't think they are any better off than us and they have lost a decent manager.

They have a manager though.

We cannot predict this game with so much uncertainty amongst us.I believe as every man and his dog does that WBA will be challenging for promotion,but it may be the best time to play them at the beginning of Di Matteos tenure.I think we'll win 2-0 personally.

We cannot predict this game with so much uncertainty amongst us.I believe as every man and his dog does that WBA will be challenging for promotion,but it may be the best time to play them at the beginning of Di Matteos tenure.I think we'll win 2-0 personally.

Hope you're right. :)

Is two points better?

See above, martins, owen and colo hardly looked up for the battle the kids put them to shame.

They had a manager (and stability) all last season as well, didn't make them as much better than us the predictions make out.

GK - Harper

RB - R.Taylor

LB - Enrique

CB - S.Taylor

CB - Coloccini

RM - Jonas

LM - Duff

CM - Barton

CM - Nolan

CF - Ameobi

CF - Carroll

2-1 to us.

The pace and movement in that team man.  :bluestar:

Guest rinaldo #18

Reckon we'll have the same lineup as against Dundee but with one exception; LuaLua in for Jonás. 

2-1 Win. Going to be a great day out, will be my first proper chance to give Sir Bobby a decent send off. It'll be emotional in the stands and I reckon we'll have enough on the pitch. I hope so anyway.

We are going to suffer from exactly the same problems as last season in that with our awful supply lines, lumbering midfield and non-goal scoring forwards we'll huff and puff and blow....our cheeks out.

No goals means wins will be hard to come by. 1-1.

I have to say, looking at the team we put out yesterday, I'm not at all confident of getting anything here. But hey, will still be there, like the thousands, singing our hearts out for the lads and particularly Sir Bob.

As with last season, I just don't think we have enough going forward. Chance creation will be poor again from the midfield. The only saving grace is that Butt is out. I don't think man, if any of the players that missed out yesterday will figure, unless they were injured.

So I will go for a highly negative 451

Harper

Taylor

Beye (if fit and not sold)

Taylor

Enrique

Jonas

Smith

Barton

Nolan

Duff

Carroll

I would like to see 2x strikers and also Guthrie in the team. Don't see it though.

If

I have to say, looking at the team we put out yesterday, I'm not at all confident of getting anything here. But hey, will still be there, like the thousands, singing our hearts out for the lads and particularly Sir Bob.

As with last season, I just don't think we have enough going forward. Chance creation will be poor again from the midfield. The only saving grace is that Butt is out. I don't think man, if any of the players that missed out yesterday will figure, unless they were injured.

So I will go for a highly negative 451

Harper

Taylor

Beye (if fit and not sold)

Taylor

Enrique

Jonas

Smith

Barton

Nolan

Duff

Carroll

I would like to see 2x strikers and also Guthrie in the team. Don't see it though.

If some of those players are going to be sold, I would prefer that we start playing the likely replacements eg. Kadar in for Beye and Lua Lua in for Jonas as we need a settled team ASAP.  Would also like to see Guthrie in there.  I assume he was injured yesterday - anyone know the problem?

I am concerned who is going to score the goals or create them and there is no pace in the team.

Also as we are likely to be selling Colocinni, Bassong and Beye and possibly Enrique, we have hardly any cover if the defenders pick up injuries.  I guess Tozer will get a chance but how many of those kids have played with the first team?

Maybe, if they decide to appoint a manager, he might be able to bring in some last minute panic buys.  Despite Ashley's belief about imposing a manager on a new owner, I can't help but think we would be in better shape if there had been one over the Summer.

My only hope is that the players do form a siege mentality and build a good team spirit as the team options don't fill me with any confidence.

It's WBA ffs! We beat them relatively comfortably under Hughton at their place last season with a similar looking side to what we have now. They, no the other hand, lost both Mowbray, a decent manager, and their best player Fortune and have brought in unproven replacements. Some are vastly overrating the quality of opposition here imo and I think we'll at least get a point.

Team will be

Harper

Raylor      Saylor                    Colo    Enrique

Jonas      Guthrie                Barton  Duff

Nolan

Carroll