Joe Kinnear (old thread)

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest Lets Dance

Just listened to Kinnear on Talksport. He has been offered a 2 year deal by Ashley and DL and expected to start for the Dundee game. There is just one consortium left negotiating for the club but they only value the club at £75m. I bet its fat fred playing hardball.

Kinnear wont take up the role until Ashley makes the decision to hold onto the club for another season...prob end of week.

Kinnear also confirmed that there will be absolutley NO money for new players this season, despite Kinnear telling Ashley that Newcastle will struggle to win promotion this season as squad is so thin.  :no:

Fair play to Andy Townsend who was interviewing Kinnear, he was pushing as to why Ashley doesnt want to invest a small amount so we can win promotion and Ashley can claw more money back with a sale.

We are in a perpetual nightmare!

"Are you confused about your situation with Newcastle"

JK: "No, its clear to me. They offered me a 2 year contract and its something im mulling over. I told Mike im not going back to football for at least 3 months. In the meantime if Newcastle feel the need to get another manager then so be it."

Newcastle released a statement indicating that there was no chance of you returning?

"I didnt see it. I just know I was offered a two year contract."

JFK interview on TalkSport

- Has been offered 2 year deal, but can't accept until 1 motnhs time when he gets medical all clear. By then though the club could have been sold and the new regime could want someone else.

-One consortium close, but offering way under Ashley's evaluation.

-No money for players this season.

-Would be willing to work wih Shearer

-Thinks only a very small number of supporters were not happy with him.

-Thinks Ashley staying is possible. Thinks he will have to put money in to support the team.

Smacks of bullshit and peddling himself out.

Guest toonlass

Oh crap. Just listened to that on TalkSport and holy shit  :facepalm:

What the fuck is wrong with Mike Ashley. He knows that we don't want Kinnear, and yet he has a 2 year contract on the table, oh and there is no money to spend. Fucking excellent!

Guest Doocey

I think this isn't actually new news.

He was offered a 2 year contract before he got sick and hasn't accepted or rejected it yet.

Must be still outstanding!

- Has been offered 2 year deal, but can't accept until 1 motnhs time when he gets medical all clear. By then though the club could have been sold and the new regime could want someone else.

Can the religious lot among us get praying please.

Just listened to Kinnear on Talksport. He has been offered a 2 year deal by Ashley and DL and expected to start for the Dundee game. There is just one consortium left negotiating for the club but they only value the club at £75m. I bet its fat fred playing hardball.

Kinnear wont take up the role until Ashley makes the decision to hold onto the club for another season...prob end of week.

I didn't hear these bits, did he say 75m? I just heard way under asking price.  Also didn't hear the bit about Ashley choosing to hold on by the end of the week. Maybe I'm deaf.

Could!?!  Could?!?  :lol: