Joe Kinnear (old thread)

Guest sicko2ndbest

Fucking awesome track.

On the cutting edge as per usual, Dave. If you like that, you might want to check out this other band called The Rolling Stones. They could be the next big thing.

What? I'm not allowed to like Jimi Hendrix now?

Fucking awesome track.

On the cutting edge as per usual, Dave. If you like that, you might want to check out this other band called The Rolling Stones. They could be the next big thing.

What? I'm not allowed to like Jimi Hendrix now?

No.

Now I haven't really followed things in detail but whenever I see him, he comes across as a bit of a twat really.

"LOL THEY WERE 13TH WHEN I LEFT!"

"We were playing well."

:kasper: :idiot2: :kinnear: :kinnear: :kinnear: :kinnear:

• 3 years later...

Not sure if :giggs:

From the Mag

In the most astonishing rewriting of history, Joe (JFK) Kinnear has claimed that he did ‘exceptionally well’ at Newcastle United!

I certainly didn’t believe what I was hearing but there it was, with the help of the sycophantic Richard Keys and Andy Gray, Joe Kinnear has claimed that but for ill health he would still be at St.James’ Park now and that in his time here he’d helped lay the foundations for the future success.

There is a load of patronising rubbish about Newcastle city centre being full of two hundred thousand penguins (fans in black & white shirts) and stating as fact that even the women go to work in Newcastle United shirts(?!!!), plus a lot of rubbish about unfair treatment form the fans and ‘cockney mafia’ blah blah blah. Naturally Keys and Gray are grunting along in agreement.

The man who sold Charlie ‘Insomnia’ and made Newcastle United a laughing stock with his foul mouthed rants and ludicrous public statements, said the following in an interview on TalkSport – I nearly choked when I read Keys’ ridiculous opening line;

Richard Keys

“I’m sure that Geordie fans would like to say ‘well done’, you didn’t get quite the credit you deserved for laying the foundations for sorting that mess out”.

Joe (JFK) Kinnnear

“As you say, if it wasn’t for ill health I honestly believe that I would still be there now, I went in at a difficult time when we were third bottom. After I sorted a lot of the problems out… the problem was that Mike Ashley was trying to sell the club, I realised we needed extra players, as they have done today, but I never had the opportunity to do that so I had to work with what we had, even though it was a half decent side.

I thought I was doing exceptionally well, we got up to twelfth place then went up to West Brom and I had my second heart attack”.

Obviously it is rude to let the truth get in the way of such a good ‘story’ but I think it is our public duty.

Amongst the ‘facts’ JFK gets wrong is that Newcastle were actually 19th in the table and not 18th when he took over, then heading into that West Brom match NUFC were 15th and not 12th. Plus of course he misses the fact that we may not technically have been in the bottom three when he took ill but we were only above it by the skin of our teeth.

In the 21 matches Kinnear was in charge, Newcastle only won 4 matches and before he took ill United had only taken 2 points out of the last 18. He was laying foundations alright, only problem was that we were moving into a house in the Championship!

Yes I often think (in nightmares), if only we still had Joe Kinnear, where would we be…!

I find it hard to have much malice for JFK. To me he is the book-end of a bad chapter from NUFC that started with the Robson dismissal and ended with relegation.

He kind of summed up all the bad decision making that had gone on in the club throughout all that time. His tenure was the the final scene of a farce that had gone on for years.

I know he says plenty of dumb things still but he applied himself here fully, to the point of jeopardy to his own health. Just always seemed like a normal guy albeit one completely out of his depth but trying his hardest. I can see why some consider him nothing short of an embarrassment. Perhaps its only because things have turned out the way they have that I'm unable to hold very much against him.

I find it hard to have much malice for JFK. To me he is the book-end of a bad chapter from NUFC that started with the Robson dismissal and ended with relegation.

He kind of summed up all the bad decision making that had gone on in the club throughout all that time. His tenure was the the final scene of a farce that had gone on for years.

I know he says plenty of dumb things still but he applied himself here fully, to the point of jeopardy to his own health. Just always seemed like a normal guy albeit one completely out of his depth but trying his hardest. I can see why some consider him nothing short of an embarrassment. Perhaps its only because things have turned out the way they have that I'm unable to hold very much against him.

Do you think things would have turned out the way they have if, as he suggests, he would still be our manager to this day?

Do you think things would have turned out the way they have if, as he suggests, he would still be our manager to this day?

Almost certainly not but i'm happy for him to have his delusion. I do think that he would've kept us up that season. I think we needed the relegation to a certain degree and if he had kept us up it may well have been to the long term detriment of the club.

I agree with all that.

Guest neesy111

I don't have any malice towards him, I just think he's a useless manager, weird man and can now add total fantasist to that list.

Same.

Some people go way OTT about him though.

He's always been provoking with his obvious lies.

"We were on an unbelievable run when I took ill" was the word even in the summer after relegation.

He was instrumental in relegating us and has never taken any responsibility. He tried to flog Enrique and Krul. He sold N'Zogbia because he didn't like his character. He deflated Given once and for all. Trainwreck of a manager who had nothing but bad influences on our club.

Runs Souness close for me.

He's a strange old man like. Clearly a total and utter deluded fantasist like. He was nothing more than an utter embarrassment during his time here. His post match interviews man, one sticks out, Fulham away for some reason or another he'd decided to pick f***ing Cacapa and when he was made a mockery of by Andy Johnson, he spent the entire post match interview ranting about how the ref had cheated us, despite awarding us a clearly offside goal.

Initially he started fairly well. His appointment came as a bit of a boost, obviously came in, added a bit of stability (:lol:) by us actually having a manager and gave the players a much needed kick up the arse. After that though we were horrific, 2 points from a final possible 18 says it all. No chance he would have kept us up, the senile old f***er but having said that, I think the best would have struggled to keep that shower of s*** up like.

He's a strange old man like. Clearly a total and utter deluded fantasist like. He was nothing more than an utter embarrassment during his time here. His post match interviews man, one sticks out, Fulham away for some reason or another he'd decided to pick f***ing Cacapa and when he was made a mockery of by Andy Johnson, he spent the entire post match interview ranting about how the ref had cheated us, despite awarding us a clearly offside goal.

Initially he started fairly well. His appointment came as a bit of a boost, obviously came in, added a bit of stability (:lol:) by us actually having a manager and gave the players a much needed kick up the arse. After that though we were horrific, 2 points from a final possible 18 says it all. No chance he would have kept us up, the senile old f***er but having said that, I think the best would have struggled to keep that shower of s*** up like.

his average points per game would have kept us up that season. Not that it matters at all. As I have said above think things turned out for the best.

Sir Bobby Robson: "I was staggered about what went on between Joe and the Press this week, with his 52 swear words and personal insults.

"Some people have suggested Joe's outrage was all an act to build a siege mentality.

"I think the anger was genuine, but he needs to be bigger than that.

"I found it all a bit unsavoury and in my view he let the club down.

"If he hoped the confrontation would motivate his players, I'm not sure it will work.

"Senior professionals like Shay Given, Damien Duff and Michael Owen aren't suddenly going to become inspired by their manager swearing at some reporters. To them it's irrelevant.

"They want a proper manager who will do things right to win matches.

"If Joe wants to work wonders, it will be achieved with time on the training pitch, not in the press room. Although the media are an easy target and a minority may be glad to see a reporter or two get their comeuppance, Newcastle fans aren't daft.

"They will respect Kinnear only for his results, not for picking fights. If you look at Newcastle's most successful managers of recent times - Kevin Keegan, Kenny Dalglish and myself - you couldn't imagine us being foul-mouthed in a Press conference."

Spot on from Bobby like. Difference in dignity and class between them two is clear for all to see. What a cringeworthy cunt JFK was man.

The thing is, that squad was definately good enough to stay up. Four managers in one season and the instability at board level were the root of everything. The players of course having to take much of the blame for not giving a fuck, but there wasn't ever enough input from the management etc.

A proper manager in January would have saved us. Our form in the spring was so dire. The draws with Everton, Hull and Portsmouth, the home loss to Fulham. All avoidable with the players that were still here.