The Dole XI

ianovthetoon

Article about the amount of players left without clubs. How many of them would you sign given our position.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1204413/The-Dole-XI-Hundreds-left-footballs-scrapheap-scramble-new-club-reaches-boiling-point.html

I'd take Sibierski back in a flash, Sol Campbell and Moritz Volz. Could all do a cracking job for us

Ball if Enrique went or didn't want to bother. At this level I am sure Hamman could still cut it and Sol would be a good addition, doubt he would want to take a drop to the championship. Its a joke how far we've fallen, a few seasons back when Roeder was umming and rring none of us were sure if Sol was worth the risk, now we would have him like a shot.

Camara is no mug, think he would be useful at this level.

Guest frazernufc

Id have Camara and Hamman if wages were acceptable and Volz should be a definite target if Beye leaves

It's because we've been paying crazy wages for over the hill players like Campbell, Hamann and Sibierski that we're in this position in the first place. Sol might be useful, but I can't see the others being much better than Smith, Geremi etc.

I was just about to say that - most of these guys are without clubs because no one can afford their wages. Where have we heard that before?

I'd take Le Sib and Loven back right now. Both would be relatively inexpensive and improve our team greatly.

We could not afford Campbell's wages. I would not take back Hamann no matter what - it still hurts that he left us and as much as I hate Gullit I tend to agree with him that he got stage fright during our FA Cup final and left us with no options. He was our best midfielder when he left. And all those lies about being unable to settle in the North and then moves to Liverpool... c*nt.

Guest Heneage

I'd take Sib, Loven, Pamaroet, and Ball. I think if these players had offers they'd have joined clubs by now.