Sebastien Bassong signs for Tottenham Hotspur, fee undisclosed

Crumpy Gunt

Guest Heneage

Wasn't he fined for refusing to travel to play in the friendly ?

He was supposedly fined for not travelling. No idea whether or not he was going to play.

What?! :lol:

Refusing to travel is refusing to play.

Wasn't he fined for refusing to travel to play in the friendly ?

He was supposedly fined for not travelling. No idea whether or not he was going to play.

Doesn't matter in my eyes, equates to the same thing

That's fair enough. Doesn't make it a fact that he's refusing to play for us though. Hughton said he wasn't going to play him anyway.

Guest Roger Kint

not happy with the fee, especially after the £10m bid had me dreaming of £12m+ figures.

not happy with the club and manager he's signed for.....signing for spurs just makes him more dislikeable now

not happy that its one of the players shearer wanted to keep, so how will he react to this?

we could easily have haggled for more and turned it into a bidding war towards his market value, instead of caving in

You shouldnt get too greedy. This is what you said a few months ago:

Realistically

Bassong (£8m)

Martins (£9m)

O0

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,62276.30.html

IMO...

Bassong is a decent enough defender, made a few mistakes but whether that was because of him or the shower of shite around him, I guess we'll not know. He's got above his station in some respects but I can't blame him one bit for wanting to get out. £8m even in today's market is a good selling price for someone like Bassong.

Guest Heneage

Anything but admit being wrong, eh Dave?

Show me where I am wrong. You're the one saying one thing proves another, not me.

Player refuses to play, so has to be sold, sounds quite cut and dry to me.

Show me where I am wrong. You're the one saying one thing proves another, not me.

Lets say you were my boss, and I said I wasn't coming in to work one day because I refused to travel. You would sack me for refusing to work. Same thing here.

not happy with the fee, especially after the £10m bid had me dreaming of £12m+ figures.

not happy with the club and manager he's signed for.....signing for spurs just makes him more dislikeable now

not happy that its one of the players shearer wanted to keep, so how will he react to this?

we could easily have haggled for more and turned it into a bidding war towards his market value, instead of caving in

Realistically

Bassong (£8m)

Martins (£9m)

O0

He shoots, he scores! :lol:

Lets say you were my boss, and I said I wasn't coming in to work one day because I refused to travel. You would sack me for refusing to work. Same thing here.

Not if I'd already told you you weren't needed that day, you moron.

Look:

We know he refused to travel.

We don't know whether he was selected to play.

We know Hughton says he wasn't selected to play.

Those are the facts. You're the one assuming that means he refused to play. All I'm saying is you can't say that as fact.

Realistically

Bassong (£8m)

Martins (£9m)

O0

:lol:

As Blefescu said, £8 million for 1 season in the Premiership defender, who has been pushing for a move up to the point he has to be fined for his atitude... well... fair enough imho.

Buh bye. :sadwave:

Look:

Those are the facts. You're the one assuming that means he refused to play. All I'm saying is you can't say that as fact.

Fair enough. Still it shows that he was in a huff and disobeying club command.

Look:

If you wen't needed for the day, your boss would say 'don't come in'.

As part of the team, whether he starts, comes on as a sub, or is just part of the travelling squad, he was required to come to work and instead fucked off to the pub. If he was't a footballer, he would be close to the sack, not an £8 million move to Tottingham.

Look:

Fair enough. Still it shows that he was in a huff and disobeying club command.

"Seb, I want you to chip in for the plane up to Dundee, so you can sit on the bench and cheer the lads on. Okay with you mate?"

Look:

As part of the team, whether he starts, comes on as a sub, or is just part of the travelling squad, he was required to come to work and instead fucked off to the pub. If he was't a footballer, he would be close to the sack, not an £8 million move to Tottingham.

I know that, and I'm certainly not defending his behaviour.

I simply took issue with the 'fact' that he is refusing to play for us. It's not a fact, because Hughton says he wasn't going to play anyway.

Look:

I know that, and I'm certainly not defending his behaviour.

I simply took issue with the 'fact' that he is refusing to play for us. It's not a fact, because Hughton says he wasn't going to play anyway.

There's the tendancy for managers to always seeming to say that about players that have gone walkabout though tbh.

That said,  I agree with your underlying point, there are way to many assumed 'facts' flying around these days. O0

Guest Roger Kint

Huh?

So we reject a £10m offer then sell for £8m?  Someone should tell Ashley this is not how haggling works.

Depends which team he's trying to get the best deal for.

And also depends on which bit of his post was rubbished by the manager who eventually signed him :pow:

:harry: confirms.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/t/tottenham_hotspur/8187526.stm

Tottenham in talks over Bassong

Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp says the club are in talks with Newcastle about signing centre-back Sebastien Bassong.

Redknapp is keen to bring in a defender with injury concerns over Michael Dawson and Jonathan Woodgate ahead of the start of the season.

Bassong, 23, joined Newcastle from French club Metz in July 2008.

He could not prevent the Magpies being relegated to the Championship in his first season, but emerged with some credit for his performances.

More to follow.