Replacements?

Guest Heneage

Lovenkrands should be given a call. Looked like he enjoyed his time here and can't see him turning his nose up. Christian Bekamenga (powerful striker) of relegated Nantes might be worth an attempt as well. Chibuzor Okonkwo of Bayelsa United was a revelation at the 2008 Olympics and is set to move to Europe. Good player who can play both left or right back. Would probaly be gotten on the extreme cheap as well.

Hopefully cheap moves like these would be accompanied by us spending money on established players in this division.

Lovenkrands should be given a call. Looked like he enjoyed his time here and can't see him turning his nose up. Christian Bekamenga (powerful striker) of relegated Nantes might be worth an attempt as well. Chibuzor Okonkwo of Bayelsa United was a revelation at the 2008 Olympics and is set to move to Europe. Good player who can play both left or right back. Would probaly be gotten on the extreme cheap as well.

Hopefully cheap moves like these would be accompanied by us spending money on established players in this division.

If only we had a director of football/scouting network to snap up players like that.

Actually I remember our manager last season doing something similar with a lad from Metz.

Chibuzor Okonkwo of Bayelsa United was a revelation at the 2008 Olympics and is set to move to Europe. Good player who can play both left or right back. Would probaly be gotten on the extreme cheap as well.

none of those would get work permits unless they are regulars for their national side?

Beevers would be a good replacement for Bassong imo.

Isn''t he off to Spurs? Would be tempted by Shittu, but if he performed badly the journalists and mackems would have a field day with his name

If only we had a director of football/scouting network to snap up players like that.

Actually I remember our manager last season doing something similar with a lad from Metz.

You mean Dennis Wise?

You mean Dennis Wise?

As far as I'm aware Dennis Wise wasn't the man who signed Bassong. Which is quite ironic as it fits Ashley's blueprint perfectly.

It depends on who the new manager is. If it's Shearer he'll be looking at younger hungry players, which is why he was determined to fight to keep Bassong and Beye (not young in years but miles faster and fitter than most).

If it's Kinnear then I expect we'll add to our collection of cheap, tired players so that everyone is on the same level. 

A left and central defender, a right and central creative midfield pair - would be my priorities. 

But this squad has enough to win the Championship ON PAPER.

Shame the papers as fragile as most of the players.

Jonas and colo will be either off or uninterested.

Duff, Taylor, Barton, Smith, Butt and Nolan will be suspended or injured

the majority of the rest will just be shit.

We dont have players to cope with the injuries we will pick up, this league is brutal.

At an utter, uttter minimum, we need a striker.

I'm honestly not even hoping for anything more than that.

Agreed. We need someone reasonably prolific at this level because as things stand all we've got is blind hope that Carroll and Ameobi are going to be good enough.

At an utter, uttter minimum, we need a striker.

I'm honestly not even hoping for anything more than that.

Agreed. We need someone reasonably prolific at this level because as things stand all we've got is blind hope that Carroll and Ameobi are going to be good enough.

I dont think we can cope without another experienced CB aswell.

Colo might well be off in the next couple of weeks, then there is sod all cover.

Which is pretty much as dire as up front. Should Carroll and Shola be out and god forbid Ranger injured where do we go from there?

Guest sondre

WHAT THE FUCK IS HAPPENING HERE!!! Were just getting rid of players in the state were in??!? FUCK ASHLEY! Hope he chokes on Llambias' cock and dies.

Guest Geordiesned

Way I see it any money we're getting in for transfers will be going straight to Barclays to keep them off our backs.

We will not be sign any new players, the club has to reduce  its wage bill a lot more, so until we can offload a few more of the high wage earners, there is no scope to bring in new players.