The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

What the f*** makes it a derby?

It is biggest match in France. Not a true derby in English sense, actually. French equivalent of Madrid-Barca or Man U-Liverpool.

Please say you didn't compare Madrid-Barca to Manu-Liverpool.....

What would you compare it to in England?

True like.  Kinda forgot Ligue 1 wasn't exactly brimming with talented football teams.  Although aren't PSG meant to be s**** these days?

Ligue 1 has quite a few good teams to be quite honest. PSG aren't bad. They're talented, but not talented enough to challenge for the title.

I enjoy French football more than some other European leagues, Serie A for example.

Also been very open last two seasons. Still think the refs are too moronic and stop it from being a lot better.

Liverpool earned a 2-0 victory over fierce North West rivals Manchester United to lift the recent misery surrounding Anfield.

Yeah, could be worse like, we could be those poor scousers, they're having a really hard time of things recently...

Whenever Zamora's name is mentioned, I automatically think back to CM 01/02 when a message I always got after a few days was one about changes to transfer/contract rules, and an example was used to illustrate one of the changes was Zamora eventually being sold to Arsenal.  :lol:

Guest iliketoonarmy

See, there's this Asian guy I see at the gym every day, clad in ManU training gear. So one day I decided to chat him up. At the end of the conversation, when I was about to leave, I say:

-"So, and how's life in Manchester?"

-"I'm not from Manchester, I'm from Shanghai"

-"Oh, then maybe one of your parents is from there?"

-"Ehhh... no"

-"Did they send you there to study?"

-"No."

-"Any other relative?"

-"Dude, I am from China."

-"I don't know, since you're a Manchester fan I thought you had, I don't know, and actual tie to the city of Manchester."

-"Oh no, I just like them."

-"My bad, sorry. Anyway, see you, glorychaser."

Everytime he sees me now he eyes me like he's going to kill me with his bare hands and fed me to the sharks or something  :smug:

I don't find it a problem actually, when you are watching and supporting an entertaining and strong football team. I have been following the toon since I was 12 and I have watched over 80% of the toon games live on TV since then, including league and non-league games. Even when there's no live on TV, I would still manage to find (illegal) live streaming on the internet, or at least radio commentary. We can't go to the games because we are thousand miles away oversea (It's actually an insult when you are asking an oversea fans "How many times have you visit the game?, just like how Ally asked so last time. He should ask himself how much we earn per week and how on earth we have the luck to fly oversea to sit with 52000+ Geordies weeks in and out). If you ask many toon fans in Asia, they would say one of their dream is stepping on the stadium of St James Park once in life time, never mind watching the games every week. We walk the action, I have saw a lot of toon fans beside me achieving the dream.

In terms on passion, you should look at how much effort they spent on translating those toon news into their own language. No offence to the local fans, but I find it ridiculous when I saw a lot of foreign fans know the club more than the local do(I am serious about this). Look at www.newcastlecn.com and you will find out how those Chinese toon fans work over the news translation over the years and how much they know and love the club. Unlike local born fans, we are not lucky enough to go to the home and away games but we do what we can do, spending our hard earn penny to buy the club shirt and that's not easy when you are supporting Newcastle United, you don't often find the black and white shirt here.

Look on the pitch and you will find how those Asian sponsorship has started to grow on the English football. By next year we will have all 10 English games showed live on TV (We need to pay for that) and how many countries have you seen this happen? I mean ALL 10. Not only the English games, we do watch most other European games. We don't find many fans in the world stay awake or wake up at 3am midnight and watch the game, but we have a lot of toon fans doing this in Asia.

Of course there are glory hunters whom I have seen keep changing their supporting clubs and they don't even know the club well. I do hate those people especially oversea Manchester United fans. I bet 90% of them don't know much about the club and they just find it cool and fun to support the club with little red devil icon on the badge.

But I can bet you never find this happen on a oversea toon fan.