The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

I don't find it a problem actually, when you are watching and supporting an entertaining and strong football team. I have been following the toon since I was 12 and I have watched over 80% of the toon games live on TV since then, including league and non-league games. Even when there's no live on TV, I would still manage to find (illegal) live streaming on the internet, or at least radio commentary. We can't go to the games because we are thousand miles away oversea (It's actually an insult when you are asking an oversea fans "How many times have you visit the game?, just like how Ally asked so last time. He should ask himself how much we earn per week and how on earth we have the luck to fly oversea to sit with 52000+ Geordies weeks in and out). If you ask many toon fans in Asia, they would say one of their dream is stepping on the stadium of St James Park once in life time, never mind watching the games every week. We walk the action, I have saw a lot of toon fans beside me achieving the dream.

In terms on passion, you should look at how much effort they spent on translating those toon news into their own language. No offence to the local fans, but I find it ridiculous when I saw a lot of foreign fans know the club more than the local do(I am serious about this). Look at www.newcastlecn.com and you will find out how those Chinese toon fans work over the news translation over the years and how much they know and love the club. Unlike local born fans, we are not lucky enough to go to the home and away games but we do what we can do, spending our hard earn penny to buy the club shirt and that's not easy when you are supporting Newcastle United, you don't often find the black and white shirt here.

Look on the pitch and you will find how those Asian sponsorship has started to grow on the English football. By next year we will have all 10 English games showed live on TV (We need to pay for that) and how many countries have you seen this happen? I mean ALL 10. Not only the English games, we do watch most other European games. We don't find many fans in the world stay awake or wake up at 3am midnight and watch the game, but we have a lot of toon fans doing this in Asia.

Of course there are glory hunters whom I have seen keep changing their supporting clubs and they don't even know the club well. I do hate those people especially oversea Manchester United fans. I bet 90% of them don't know much about the club and they just find it cool and fun to support the club with little red devil icon on the badge.

But I can bet you never find this happen on a oversea toon fan.

Well, being a toon fan sort of passes the litmus test about glorychasing. Meaning, there's no glory to chase there (and I say that with great respect). If somebody from Asia still supports the toon after all it's been gone through, that's quality supporting. I still don't get why people support a club that they will never see in the flesh instead of a local sports club (stuff like the rivalries for example, just can't be the same), but if you stick to it through good and bad and don't switch to the next hot thing, you get my respect.

I don't find it a problem actually, when you are watching and supporting an entertaining and strong football team. I have been following the toon since I was 12 and I have watched over 80% of the toon games live on TV since then, including league and non-league games. Even when there's no live on TV, I would still manage to find (illegal) live streaming on the internet, or at least radio commentary. We can't go to the games because we are thousand miles away oversea (It's actually an insult when you are asking an oversea fans "How many times have you visit the game?, just like how Ally asked so last time. He should ask himself how much we earn per week and how on earth we have the luck to fly oversea to sit with 52000+ Geordies weeks in and out). If you ask many toon fans in Asia, they would say one of their dream is stepping on the stadium of St James Park once in life time, never mind watching the games every week. We walk the action, I have saw a lot of toon fans beside me achieving the dream.

In terms on passion, you should look at how much effort they spent on translating those toon news into their own language. No offence to the local fans, but I find it ridiculous when I saw a lot of foreign fans know the club more than the local do(I am serious about this). Look at www.newcastlecn.com and you will find out how those Chinese toon fans work over the news translation over the years and how much they know and love the club. Unlike local born fans, we are not lucky enough to go to the home and away games but we do what we can do, spending our hard earn penny to buy the club shirt and that's not easy when you are supporting Newcastle United, you don't often find the black and white shirt here.

Look on the pitch and you will find how those Asian sponsorship has started to grow on the English football. By next year we will have all 10 English games showed live on TV (We need to pay for that) and how many countries have you seen this happen? I mean ALL 10. Not only the English games, we do watch most other European games. We don't find many fans in the world stay awake or wake up at 3am midnight and watch the game, but we have a lot of toon fans doing this in Asia.

Of course there are glory hunters whom I have seen keep changing their supporting clubs and they don't even know the club well. I do hate those people especially oversea Manchester United fans. I bet 90% of them don't know much about the club and they just find it cool and fun to support the club with little red devil icon on the badge.

But I can bet you never find this happen on a oversea toon fan.

Well, being a toon fan sort of passes the litmus test about glorychasing. Meaning, there's no glory to chase there (and I say that with great respect). If somebody from Asia still supports the toon after all it's been gone through, that's quality supporting. I still don't get why people support a club that they will never see in the flesh instead of a local sports club (stuff like the rivalries for example, just can't be the same), but if you stick to it through good and bad and don't switch to the next hot thing, you get my respect.

What I love down here in sunny South Wales are the number of men who spout hatred about all things English whilst wearing ManU shirts with Rooney on the back or Liverpool Shirts with Gerrard on the back

Said at the start of the season Reading were my tip for this season's "random recent Premiership club to go down to League One" club. Stand by that.

No home win since January! Christ that's shocking. Didn't they take it to the last game of the season last season as well?

yep, got beat 2-1 by Birmingham. Had they won they would have been in the premiership this year.  :lol:

No home win since January! Christ that's shocking. Didn't they take it to the last game of the season last season as well?

yep, got beat 2-1 by Birmingham. Had they won they would have been in the premiership this year.  :lol:

Although they wouldn't be as shit as now because Coppell wouldn't have packed in imo.

Going to watch to Club Deportivo Godoy Cruz Antonio Tomba v Estudiantes La Plata in the Argentian Primera tonight...should be good, Veron still plays for Estudiantes who are representing Sth America in World Club Cup this year.

All those injuries, his move to Real then to Newcastle, getting relegated with us, moving to Man United for free, taking a pay cut and performing badly, constantly being left out of the England squad, it's all been worth it. Michael Owen has scored an easy goal against Championship side Barnsley.

Capello can't ignore him after that :pow:

All those injuries, his move to Real then to Newcastle, getting relegated with us, moving to Man United for free, taking a pay cut and performing badly, constantly being left out of the England squad, it's all been worth it. Michael Owen has scored an easy goal against Championship side Barnsley.

Capello can't ignore him after that :pow:

Is you dissing Darren Moore's defending?

Guest Heneage

Blackburn are truly awful, 10 man Peterborough equalise for a second time. :lol:

How bad are thes flu ridden fuckers playing?

Local lad Mickey Salgado gets a 3rd for Rovers.