The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

"The tackle was horrendous. It is unacceptable," Wenger said.

"And please spare me the article tomorrow that says Shawcross is not like that - I heard the same when Eduardo was badly injured.

f***ing idiot.

It's funny how such a masterful manager and knowledgeable football guru can be so thick.

Even if it was 'heat of the moment', he must realise the need to be professional and not speak so uninformed.

I bet we won't see a retraction either.

Guest firetotheworks

"The tackle was horrendous. It is unacceptable," Wenger said.

"And please spare me the article tomorrow that says Shawcross is not like that - I heard the same when Eduardo was badly injured.

f***ing idiot.

I fucking love Wenger, but that's pathetic. He needs to think about what Vermaelen would be like if he'd broken someones leg, and where the cries of 'he's not like that' would be coming from. As someone said, Shawcross is probably the only player in that despicable team that I like.

Not sure what it is but the old firm derby just doesn't seem to have the excitement it once did.

:sadnod:  I think its mainly down to the quality of players in them 2 teams has dropped quite bit over the past 10 years. Also 4 old firm matches a season and possibly more with the cups, it just ridiculous the amount they play each other. I would put money on it being the much played fixture in Europe.

Also, all the sectarian shit is a right turn off.

Oh dear Sky.

"Man United will be leaving in about 15 minutes, they've made some light sandwhiches, perhaps for the bus trip..."

"It's always interesting to watch the players body language boarding the bus and to see what they're wearing, oh there's John Carew with those massive head phones..."

Brooker would have a field day.

Oh dear Sky.

"Man United will be leaving in about 15 minutes, they've made some light sandwhiches, perhaps for the bus trip..."

"It's always interesting to watch the players body language boarding the bus and to see what they're wearing, oh there's John Carew with thosemassive head phones..."

Brooker would have a field day.

It's such a shame he absolutely hates football, I'd love to hear his views on the way it's presented on the telly.

Guest Geordiesned

Almost identical challenge to Shawcross challenge by Papac there. No injury so no fuss made. Interesting to see what Wenger would say about it.

Almost identical challenge to Shawcross challenge by Papac there. No injury so no fuss made. Interesting to see what Wenger would say about it.

Just what I was about to say, though I'm sure Wenger would of been marching onto the pitch and taking his players off.

always a fan of wenger until we beat them 3-1 at highbury - whinged about their sending off (parlour?) but failing to mention it was still 1-1 when bellamy got (wrongly) sent off. remember SBR giving him some wise words about learning to lose graciously or something.

Looking at the images from yesterdays Stoke v Arsenal.

How brutal doesnt Campbell look when he is protesting with his arm after the tackle by Shawcross on Ramsey. And how g** doesn't Fabregas look.

I'm sorry but i've always liked Arsenal, but for every year that goes the more they whine and less they deserve to win in my opinion. It was a bad tackle, but go on with it. Fabregas reaction isn't how a captain should react. Campbell having a go at Shawcross isn't very professional as you could see it wasn't a malicious tackle it just ended up bad. And Wenger being such a d******* is incredible.

For every year that goes I hope more and more that Arsenal will fall down the standings!

Re Stoke - Arsenal, I thought it was an honest challenge for a 50-50 ball, and I hope that when Wenger calms down, he apologises for his comments.

I do get exasperated at the way this obviously intelligent bloke talks such rubbish at times. I can only think that, like Fergie, he has this very involved, paternal relationship with his players, and when they get accused of something or hurt, he reacts not like a professional but like a Dad. ie whoever's right or wrong, he's going to stand up for them or take a swipe at whoever has upset them. It's irrational, but with Fergie and Wenger it seem to go with the territory of the relationship that he has with his players.

I don't think it's necessary though.

Looking at the images from yesterdays Stoke v Arsenal.

How brutal doesnt Campbell look when he is protesting with his arm after the tackle by Shawcross on Ramsey. And how g** doesn't Fabregas look.

I'm sorry but i've always liked Arsenal, but for every year that goes the more they whine and less they deserve to win in my opinion. It was a bad tackle, but go on with it. Fabregas reaction isn't how a captain should react. Campbell having a go at Shawcross isn't very professional as you could see it wasn't a malicious tackle it just ended up bad. And Wenger being such a d******* is incredible.

For every year that goes I hope more and more that Arsenal will fall down the standings!

Dude, seriously, its not easy for them to think very clearly when things like this happen.

Fuck i even done it when a old lady crashed in my car, she did not do it on purpose, but fuck i was mental on here until i got the situation on a distance...

That being said, i feel so sorry for both players, pretty much the worst thing that could happen, this will be a test for the mental strength for both Ramsey and Shawcross.

Hope both recover as close to 100% as possible.

I was actually really looking forward to follow Ramsey in the future, looks mint!