The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

Might put a bet on Bordeaux winning the Champions League

I appreciate it's an outside bet but no chance if they continue to play like they did tonight. Olympiakos are an average side by these standards and Bordeaux were second best for large periods, at home.

Guest firetotheworks

That round up with Southgate at the end of the Barca match was mint. I agree with just about everything he says.

No chance of Girondins winning this. Way too many better teams in the competition and it's not like they are being that good.

For some reason Arsenal are my dark horses. Nobody seems to take their chances seriously. I know they tend to bottle the big games but when they are up for it they are impressive.

Guest firetotheworks

No chance of Girondins winning this. Way too many better teams in the competition and it's not like they are being that good.

For some reason Arsenal are my dark horses. Nobody seems to take their chances seriously. I know they tend to bottle the big games but when they are up for it they are impressive.

They're certainly the only team left capable of playing you at your own game imo. Not as evenly as that final though. That was such a beautiful match of teams at that point.

Looking forward to the next round of the Champs Lge.

Same, really nice mix of teams in there.

Yeah, I like that apart from the usual suspects (Manu, Barça, Arsenal, Bayern...) there are some fresh faces who could reasonably make it through to the semis with a lucky tie.

Looking forward to the next round of the Champs Lge.

Same, really nice mix of teams in there.

Aye a couple of fresh faces in CSKA and Bordeaux and the chaff like Stuttgart/Milan is no longer.

Would be interesting if Lyon drew CSKA and progressed as it would be the furthest a Lyon team has gone IIRC and it is arguably the weakest team they have had over the last couple of seasons.

Might put a bet on Bordeaux winning the Champions League

I appreciate it's an outside bet but no chance if they continue to play like they did tonight. Olympiakos are an average side by these standards and Bordeaux were second best for large periods, at home.

I know Bordeaux have been pretty poor in Ligue 1 recently and it sounds as if their form is continuing (didn't catch the game tonight btw) and well the only reason I'd put a bet on them is due to the soft spot I have for the Girondins - I lived in Bordeaux last year and watched the final game of the season in the city square (where a big screen was put up) which won them league, special times - it was a fantastic atmosphere!