The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

Guest firetotheworks

Portsmouth are such a weird team. There's like 4 or 5 Oba Martins'.

Racist!

You're looking for it man, I just mean that they're all really, really black.

Guest firetotheworks

Titus Bramble's post match interview - "If you don't buy a ticket, you don't score"

:lol:

Up there with Bush and his 'fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice........err, you don't do that!'

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

That Bell end was getting on my nerves, so stopped watching it to watch Air Force One instead.

Guest neesy111

we should all prey that portsmouth are allowed in the europa league

cos it will mean liverpool wont qualify for europe as things stand  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Guest Phil K

cos it will mean liverpool wont qualify for europe as things stand  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Funny how Liverpool fans aren't "arrogant" for expecting automatic champs league place, and cups every year (still not enough) and we ARE for expecting to be in the Prem with 50,000 gates !

I agree wholeheartedly. Love to see Liverpool miss out and hear the screams of condemnation, and demands they should be allowed in anyways because they are Liverpool.

Even if it means Villa getting in. I couldn't believe it when i heard Villa fans - many of them anyways - were furious at O'Neill and want someone else (they seem to have slunk back in the shadows recently with the disbelief from other clubs fans)

Guest guinness_fiend

Funny how Liverpool fans aren't "arrogant" for expecting automatic champs league place, and cups every year (still not enough) and we ARE for expecting to be in the Prem with 50,000 gates !

I agree wholeheartedly. Love to see Liverpool miss out and hear the screams of condemnation, and demands they should be allowed in anyways because they are Liverpool.

Almost every generation of Liverpool fans can remember winning at least one trophy, most more than that.  Whilst I cannot stand the fans, they have more of a right than most to be arrogant.

For someone who so regularly whinges about lazy stereotyping of Newcastle fans you seem to spend a surprising amount of time lazily stereotyping fans of other clubs.

Guest Phil K

Almost every generation of Liverpool fans can remember winning at least one trophy, most more than that.  Whilst I cannot stand the fans, they have more of a right than most to be arrogant.

No offence, but thats still "We should win stuff because we've won stuff in the past" - ie -  DIVINE RIGHT

Guest guinness_fiend

For someone who so regularly whinges about lazy stereotyping of Newcastle fans you seem to spend a surprising amount of time lazily stereotyping fans of other clubs.

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o214/Major_Payn3/PimpSlap-1.jpg

Guest Phil K

You haven't experienced their demands for what Ive just said, then ?

Really ? Seriously ?

Guest guinness_fiend

No offence, but thats still "We should win stuff because we've won stuff in the past" - ie -  DIVINE RIGHT

No offence taken, you didn't actually read my comment.  I didn't say they have a divine right, I said they have more of a right than most - objectively speaking.  I also said that I cannot stand their fans.

At the end of the day, they have a legitimate expectation given their history of consistently winning things.  It must hit fans hard when they're used to having everything laid out on a plate for them.  Lord only knows what would happen in Manchester if Man Utd didn't qualify for Europe.  Air Asia would go out of business.

Guest Phil K

Hardly. Simple enough isn't it ?

Have a quick look at some of the attacks on us - they exist, right ?

Now have a look for Liverpool fans who believe they have a RIGHT to the top table.

Why is this so hard for the pair of you to understand ?

You disagree.

Fine.

Now Mowen. Point out a Liverpool fan who DOESN'T think that they should be in Champs League.

McClaren's Twente on the verge of the Dutch title now, they need a win on the last game of the season to guarentee being champions.

Incredible difference in goals scored and goal difference between the top 2 though:

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u242/supersewelly/twente.jpg

Guest guinness_fiend

Now have a look for Liverpool fans who believe they have a RIGHT to the top table.

You disagree.

Fine.

Now Mowen. Point out a Liverpool fan who DOESN'T think that they should be in Champs League.

http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/9462/gerrardevertonra6.jpg

You disagree.

Fine.

No Liverpool fan I know (not that many, granted) thinks they should be in the Champions League next season.

Where do you get the impression that they all believe they should / deserve to be?

McClaren's Twente on the verge of the Dutch title now, they need a win on the last game of the season to guarentee being champions.

Incredible difference in goals scored and goal difference between the top 2 though:

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u242/supersewelly/twente.jpg

Done a brilliant job either way old Umbrella boy. Ajax's goal difference is a joke though. Absolutely amazing.