The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

OMG. Can't find any words for that. Bayern should have dropped out in the group stages, in the finals against Florenz and Man U. Now they're going to the final. Can only hope for the special one now. He'll do it.

What German team do you support? Assuming you support one.

I'm a bit fan of Augsburg (because that's the locally closest club of the first two leagues to me) and I've started fancying Hamburg a bit the time Van der Vaart played for them. Still like them and they're probably my favourite team in the Bundesliga.

But I'm not supporting any team really like I do with Newcastle.

I see Augsburg could be going up this season, cool beans. Wondered where that Szabics had went aswell. Remember him from whenStuttgart into the Champions league a few years back.

OMG. Can't find any words for that. Bayern should have dropped out in the group stages, in the finals against Florenz and Man U. Now they're going to the final. Can only hope for the special one now. He'll do it.

What German team do you support? Assuming you support one.

I'm a bit fan of Augsburg (because that's the locally closest club of the first two leagues to me) and I've started fancying Hamburg a bit the time Van der Vaart played for them. Still like them and they're probably my favourite team in the Bundesliga.

But I'm not supporting any team really like I do with Newcastle.

I see Augsburg could be going up this season, cool beans. Wondered where that Szabics had went aswell. Remember him from whenStuttgart into the Champions league a few years back.

I'm still not convinced that they get promoted. As things stand they will have to play against the 3rd bottom placed team of the Bundesliga (Bochum at the moment). But Augsburg lost a bit of the momentum they had earlier in the season. So I can see them failing from now to the end of the season. Obviously I hope for promotion to see the "big guns" of the Bundesliga playing here.

Catalan fella at my work is twisted in knots!! He can't sit still and keeps stopping by my office to ask me what I think.

I told him Inter would get an away goal so Barca had to score 4 - he looked distressed...

He said he was on the phone to his family four times in the last 12 hours asking them what was going on. The word is that the Barca fans have honked their car horns outside of the Inter hotel all night. They are also chanting about "leaving their skin on the pitch"!!??!! That sounds foul but I think it gets lost in translation. ;D

Apparantly after their match against Xerez, the players were instructed to wear shirts talking about "leaving their skin on the pitch" (as Canuck said) to build up the atmosphere for tonight. The players looked uncomfortable and overall it seems a bit naff. But they're trying to graduate from the 'Sky Sports school of mega-hype'.....

I'm sure VI knows more of it

Apparently Figo will be alongside Mourinho on the Bench tonight. Christ, he certainly knows how to twist the knife doesn't he :lol:

He was on the bench during the home leg too. I wondered what the hell was going on.

Catalan fella at my work is twisted in knots!! He can't sit still and keeps stopping by my office to ask me what I think.

I told him Inter would get an away goal so Barca had to score 4 - he looked distressed...

He said he was on the phone to his family four times in the last 12 hours asking them what was going on. The word is that the Barca fans have honked their car horns outside of the Inter hotel all night. They are also chanting about "leaving their skin on the pitch"!!??!! That sounds foul but I think it gets lost in translation. ;D

That's a common Spanish expression, which means "to give it all".

I have been nervous the whole fucking morning at work, and while my boss usually ignores me, today he's chosen to hold a couple impromptu meetings.

I'm trying to not get myself too hopeful, so the disappointment isn't so big. But still... Aggggggggggghhhhhhhhh

All the media, shirts, etc... thing is something that this board has tried to bring to the table in the past few years. Comes off a bit forced to me but well, guess younger generations/gloryhunters buy into it (and buy the shirts too).

This count as a sub or is Jose being a dick before it starts?

Don't think it will count as a sub. When a player get injured in warm-up you are allowed to take a change as well without using one of the subs.

This count as a sub or is Jose being a dick before it starts?

Don't think it will count as a sub. When a player get injured in warm-up you are allowed to take a change as well without using one of the subs.

Crafty. Always thought once the teams were in to the ref, any changes counted as subs.