The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

Anyone else watching the Valencia - Getafe game? It's 1-0 to Valencia through David Villa, who else, but their left winger Dominguez should have scored a couple already. Got some great speed and hasn't had bad finishes but he's no Villa and therefore still without a goal.

Anyone else watching the Valencia - Getafe game? It's 1-0 to Valencia through David Villa, who else, but their left winger Dominguez should have scored a couple already. Got some great speed and hasn't had bad finishes but he's no Villa and therefore still without a goal.

Love watching Valencia, as soon as they're on the ball they look to play a through ball for Villa. It's so easy to read, but must be impossible to play against.

Love watching Valencia, as soon as they're on the ball they look to play a through ball for Villa. It's so easy to read, but must be impossible to play against.

Agreed. They've been quite sloppy though. A lot of easy mistakes made in the build up play but with Silva, Joaquin, Villa and now also Dominguez (atleast in this game) they can afford to since they're bound to score a couple

Valencia really made me sweat there. Some of the refs decisions were appalling.

Valencia is full of small, neat little players. Silva, Villa, Mata, Joaquin etc, really a joy to watch...

VI Do you fancy Silva for Barca? If only he could get a right foot though...

We tried to sign him last season already. I'd love to have him there, that'd our left wing sorted although I'm a bit uneasy about his lack of goals (Henry contributed 19 in our treble season from that position), but he is young so his composure can improve.

And he fits right in will all the other short players in Barca:)

He really need to improve his right foot though. Or maybe not improve, actually getting one would be a start.

Thought Getafe played reasonably well tonight. In the final third they were rather bad but I suppose they missed their goal scorer but I can see Getafe picking up quite a few points in the reminder of the season.

For tomorrow though, I see Alves, Xavi and Zlatan are all in the squad but how bad are their injuries? Any chance of them playing tomorrow?

That sounds a bit weird I have to say, and wrong. Only if the game clashes with the CL tie it should be moved, otherwise it's a pathetic move by FA of whatever country saying basically the team doesn't have a chance to win unless they're given the absolute best preparations.

What do people think of leagues making concessions to teams in the Champions League? It really struck me as unsporting when Bordeaux were allowed to postpone their league match this weekend to prepare for the Champions League.

Not the first time it's happened this season either. The CL is a big deal for French football fans, the French FA are desperate for a team to do well.

Villa attendance 30k

Ours 45k

Just shocking that really, for a team as good as they are, with one of the bnest managers around. Those fans don't deserve that team.

Except the attendance was 38,709, and there were 2000 empty seats in the Burnley end.

For a 2 o'c Sunday live tv match against a shite team, in a spell of 3 matches in 8 days, two at home and one at Wembley, just over 1000 empty home seats including a batch of 500 or so in the lower left Holte where you can't actually see the pitch and don't even go on sale unless people are desperate is hardly the stuff of eternal shame.