The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

Guest Geordiekev

I wound it back on Sky+ and it was a 50/50 tackle which shouldn't have resulted in a red card. Shawcross was genuinely distraught. Certainly no intent to cause the injury that happened.

Agreed watched it back a few times and i agree about it being 50/50, not nice but the strongest shin won, troubles me when I see the crap players now where on their legs, some shin protection would do naff all in the event of a strong collision.

played in a school game where one of our lads had his shinpad cracked in two in a 50/50 challenge.  Was a miracle there was little damage to his leg other than some heavy bruising in all honesty.

Misunderstood my point, The crap some players where on their shins is disgusting, fair enough the materials used such as carbon fibre, kevlar etc can reduce the thickness of them but alot of players now wear pads that barely covers 10% of the shin. Agreed at school /sunday football I rarely witnessed a broken leg (2 but neither were down to takles) but we all wore full shin protection and in truth made no differance to our play.

the arsenal of old would've fell apart after the incident, it shows how much they've matured to be resilient like that. fabregas gathering them in a post-match huddle was fantastic....i'd love to see them win the league now.

I don't agree. The commentators got all excited about Arsenal laying down a marker, but it was against ten men and now they've lost a player who would have been useful in the run-in.

Guest Geordiekev

It was a red card BUT it wasnt intentional

So why a red card?

because he missed the ball completely and caught the player strongly

And thus a yellow if anything.

the arsenal of old would've fell apart after the incident, it shows how much they've matured to be resilient like that. fabregas gathering them in a post-match huddle was fantastic....i'd love to see them win the league now.

I don't agree. The commentators got all excited about Arsenal laying down a marker, but it was against ten men and now they've lost a player who would have been useful in the run-in.

IIRC when it happened to Eduardo they were winning, Taylor got sent off and Brum got an injury time equaliser. Their captain at the time then has a massive strop. Massive difference tonight.

IIRC when it happened to Eduardo they were winning, Taylor got sent off and Brum got an injury time equaliser. Their captain at the time then has a massive strop. Massive difference tonight.

Gallas is a French twat though. That when he sat in the corner like a mug?

Guest Stephen927

Gallas is a French t*** though. That when he sat in the corner like a mug?

That was a different game, I think.

Gallas is a French t*** though. That when he sat in the corner like a mug?

That was a different game, I think.

He sat in the middle of the pitch after the match ended. Wenger had to go get him I think.

Kerrirson scores his first European goal for Fiorentina. Any thoughts on him VI?

I don't know... Guardiola doesn't seem to rate him and was signed at his back (a bit of a shady business). He's at Fiore for this season and the next, and there's even a buy clause attached to it. Doesn't seem he'll ever put the Barça shirt (well, he did for a photo-op when he signed).

On another matter, we are creating a billion chances against Málaga and not converting one  :rant:

Kerrirson scores his first European goal for Fiorentina. Any thoughts on him VI?

I don't know... Guardiola doesn't seem to rate him and was signed at his back (a bit of a shady business). He's at Fiore for this season and the next, and there's even a buy clause attached to it. Doesn't seem he'll ever put the Barça shirt (well, he did for a photo-op when he signed).

On another matter, we are creating a billion chances against Málaga and not converting one  :rant:

Its frustrating. I need at least 3 goals here to win a bet and magically, everything seems to be missing the goal.

Come on Arsenal. I don't like them as a club but Wenger stands for everything good about football while Stoke sicken me to the core.

Why  :weep: If they didn't play the way the do they would have no chance of staying in the premier league. I don't mind them, they have the best fans by far in the league.

I think today's game summed up pretty well why they sicken me to the core. On their own ground they had 10 men behind the ball, all of them hulking brutes with limited ability other than to tackle hard and hump the ball long. Does it surprise me that one of their gangling neanderthals broke the leg of a player who he's not fit to share a pitch with? No. It's probably the limit of his capabilities.

Come on Arsenal. I don't like them as a club but Wenger stands for everything good about football while Stoke sicken me to the core.

Why  :weep: If they didn't play the way the do they would have no chance of staying in the premier league. I don't mind them, they have the best fans by far in the league.

I think today's game summed up pretty well why they sicken me to the core. On their own ground they had 10 men behind the ball, all of them hulking brutes with limited ability other than to tackle hard and hump the ball long. Does it surprise me that one of their gangling neanderthals broke the leg of a player who he's not fit to share a pitch with? No. It's probably the limit of his capabilities.

Have you ever seen Shawcross play btw? Or are you just being ignorant as per usual?

Also what was your opinion when we kicked the shit out of Arsenal at home when Nobby scored? Seeing as we blatantly went out with no intention of playing football whatsoever. But to just intimidate Arsenal.

What's the possession like? Must be around 80-20 surely, Barca been dominating the game totally. Even though I'm Swedish I have to say Zlatan has looked a bit slow and his first touch isn't as good as it should be. He's also a bit selfish sometimes, especially when the ball is meant to go to Messi, but "Lil' Leo" is the same though... Even though, you'll win comfortably with at least two I would guess

Zlatan hasn't really been himself since January dunno... he was magnificient the first part of the season so I guess it's just a blip.

And I just saw Ryan Shawcross has been called up to England, great timing that.

That's true. Reckon he'll hit form again late march, april so just in time for the run-ins...

When's Toure and Abidal meant to be back by the way?