The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

Harry saying the pitch was a disgrace and blaming it for Spurs losing.

Sorry, did Portsmouth play on a different pitch to Spurs?, have Portsmouth been allowed to play on that pitch before the game and get used to it?

No Harry, Portsmouth and Spurs got dealt the same card.

Not that I am one for sticking up for the bent twat but he also said;

"I won't use it as an excuse because it's the same for both teams."

Avram Grant also slated the pitch.

concensus the wembley pitch is shit

Sorry, did Portsmouth play on a different pitch to Spurs?, have Portsmouth been allowed to play on that pitch before the game and get used to it?

Thats like saying "I'm not racist...but".

Guest kingdawson

Not that I am one for sticking up for the bent t*** but he also said;

Yep. Most managers would have also gone on about the poor ref decisions but he mentioned that Crouch's goal should have stood when asked, and left it at that.

Thats like saying "I'm not racist...but".

No it isn't.

He slated the pitch as did Grant and Martin O'Neill after the first semi final.

Fact is the Wembley pitch is shit.

Have they not already re-laid the pitch @ Wemberlee recently?

Aye, three weeks ago for the 10th time since 2007.

Need to get the fella from Arsenal or Blackburn on the job as their pitches are invariably spot on.

Need to get the fella from Arsenal or Blackburn on the job as their pitches are invariably spot on.

As is ours these days but I guess the problem at Wembley is all the other events they have which they need to cover the pitch for.

As is ours these days but I guess the problem at Wembley is all the other events they have which they need to cover the pitch for.

True, our pitch is much improved. Used to be dogshit a few year back, especially down in the gallowgate/milburn corner.

True, our pitch is much improved. Used to be dogshit a few year back, especially down in the gallowgate/milburn corner.

These bad boys do the job.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/170/385736778_894499772e.jpg?v=0

Need to get the fella from Arsenal

Paul Burgess (Former head groundsman Arsenal) got his big move to Real Madrid last year. 

Aye, they interviewed him yesterday before the Clásico. They asked him if he was signed to make sure the Bernabéu pitch is good enough for Cesc Fábregas  :pow:

Very much enjoyed catching up on this thread. What an absolute mug KingDawson is. "God another tiresome jibe about me not going to the match :rolleyes:" - there's a way you can avoid that, you cretin.

What's really frightening is he's not the most embarrassing Dawson that Spurs have in their ranks. That lad making it as a pro gives me hope. I wouldn't trust the thick cunt to scrape the fucking bins out.

I remember reading that Portsmouth were forced to fork out quite some extra to the players because they won the FA Cup with Redknappe.

I wonder if the players will be instructed to throw this final away because of the financial burden the club are having.

Might have to hand the players an ultimatum. Give up their win bonus/final appearance fee or whatever, or don't play. I think most of the players would agree to it if it meant playing.

They have already agreed to not getting thier bonus apparently.

I was at our semi final on Saturday, and whilst the pitch itsn't an excuse for losing, I have to say, Harry has a point.

Halfway through the first half of our game, you could see it was cutting up terribly (just as it did during the CC Final), and players were falling over all over the shop.

I said at the time that I wouldn't fancy playing on it less than 24 hours after we'd finished our game.

Having spent almost a billion pounds on that stadium, and polluted the mystique of the FA Cup by having semi finals at Wembley, the least they could do is provide a usable playing surface. That pitch is a disgrace.

When i left the stadium yesterday (after the second goal, close to tears, and choked to the point of being unable to f***ing speak), I had mentally written off the next seven days, and decided nothing at all would lift the gloom.

Wrong.

If anything it should piss you off more knowing you would have played Pompey had you actually won.

To be honest, mate, I wouldn't back us to beat Portsmouth and District Paper Boys XI at the moment, we're knackered, the manager keeps picking the exact same 11 knackered players every time, and whilst we might have a plan B, we never seem to see both Plan A and Plan B in the same season.

Yesterday was just a good old fashioned, English footballing dose of schadenfreude to take the edge of my own disappointment.

I could barely speak when I came out of Wembley on Saturday. I woke up yesterday and couldn't get out of bed, I was so gutted.

When I turned on your game just before the end and saw the score, knowing someone else was feeling just as bad (and probably worse) perked me up no end.

I'd have felt the same for any other team in our mini league (you know what I mean) going through that, it wasn't just about it being Spurs.

Very much enjoyed catching up on this thread. What an absolute mug KingDawson is. "God another tiresome jibe about me not going to the match :rolleyes:" - there's a way you can avoid that, you cretin.

What's really frightening is he's not the most embarrassing Dawson that Spurs have in their ranks. That lad making it as a pro gives me hope. I wouldn't trust the thick cunt to scrape the fucking bins out.

:lol: nicely done.

Guest guinness_fiend

Might have to hand the players an ultimatum. Give up their win bonus/final appearance fee or whatever, or don't play. I think most of the players would agree to it if it meant playing.

Not that it would matter.  Employee wages will rank lower than secured and most unsecured creditors, so even if they demanded payment, it is highly unlikely that they would recover all, if any, of what is owed.

Guest kingdawson

When i left the stadium yesterday (after the second goal, close to tears, and choked to the point of being unable to f***ing speak), I had mentally written off the next seven days, and decided nothing at all would lift the gloom.

Wrong.

If anything it should piss you off more knowing you would have played Pompey had you actually won.

To be honest, mate, I wouldn't back us to beat Portsmouth and District Paper Boys XI at the moment, we're knackered, the manager keeps picking the exact same 11 knackered players every time, and whilst we might have a plan B, we never seem to see both Plan A and Plan B in the same season.

Yesterday was just a good old fashioned, English footballing dose of schadenfreude to take the edge of my own disappointment.

I could barely speak when I came out of Wembley on Saturday. I woke up yesterday and couldn't get out of bed, I was so gutted.

When I turned on your game just before the end and saw the score, knowing someone else was feeling just as bad (and probably worse) perked me up no end.

I'd have felt the same for any other team in our mini league (you know what I mean) going through that, it wasn't just about it being Spurs.

Yeh i understand what you mean.

Not that it would matter.  Employee wages will rank lower than secured and most unsecured creditors, so even if they demanded payment, it is highly unlikely that they would recover all, if any, of what is owed.

They are protected as 'football creditors'.

Guest kingdawson

What's really frightening is he's not the most embarrassing Dawson that Spurs have in their ranks. That lad making it as a pro gives me hope. I wouldn't trust the thick c*** to scrape the f***ing bins out.

GG has posted during and after a game = nothing about him going to games.

The Everton lads have posted during and after a game = nothing about them going to games.

Ash has posted during and after a game = Nothing about him going to games.

Brummie has done the same thing also. All i ask for is exactly the same treatment as all the others get. This thread is title "The other games today" so no point getting hostile when i post about other games.

Guest guinness_fiend

They are protected as 'football creditors'.

On what basis?  They would rank pari pasu with the unsecured creditors, surely?  In any event, the players giving up the bonuses is a nice, but ultimately empty gesture - much like me saying "You know what, Greg, I'll let *you* have Katy Perry.  I won't take her."