The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

Guest Heneage

I tipped Liverpool for the title in the summer. There, I said it.

(In my discharge, that was before they had the shocking transfer window they had and I switched to Chelsea before a ball was kicked in anger!)

I don't wanna know about your wanks mate.

Spurs IMO deserve to be in the top 4.

Given the fact they are in it at the end of the season that's pretty much a given. Still don't want them to be there, though.

Why not?

Spurs will take some shifting from the top 4 now - as a London club, they have a huge advantage over clubs like NUFC, Everton etc and they will be able to sign better players more easily.

Unless Liverpool are taken over by mega-rich ambitious people, they will struggle to keep Spurs out of the Top 4. As for our prospects, we are basically aiming for Europa League at best and that won't be for a few years....

To be fair, Redknapp has done a good job in the short time he has been there and they HAVE supported him. They have good players too, so those that hate them will have quite a few years of teeth-grinding to face, I fear !

Spurs IMO deserve to be in the top 4.

Given the fact they are in it at the end of the season that's pretty much a given. Still don't want them to be there, though.

Why not?

'cause I dislike them A LOT more than City. I have no reasonable reason, I just do. :lol:

Man City will get 3rd or 4th next year.

Man Utd, Chelsea, and the rest.

Highly contingent on the next transfer window, though. Both teams need significant investment to keep ahead of everybody else. Chelsea's squad is very old and ManU have been a one-man team for a big stretch of the season.

Man City will get 3rd or 4th next year.

Man Utd, Chelsea, and the rest.

Highly contingent on the next transfer window, though. Both teams need significant investment to keep ahead of everybody else. Chelsea's squad is very old and ManU have been a one-man team for a big stretch of the season.

I agree on both counts. But I really can't see them not being the top 2 next year, barring major investment from Arsenal.

Chelsea will spend. I said when Owen signed  that it was the beginning of the end for Man U's dominance and hopefully sunday will put it in writing.

Agreed, they need a major overhaul for me, but simply do not have the finances to do it.

I can definitely see City finishing ahead of them next season, and Fergie possibly retiring fairly soon knowing that they are on the slide.

Guest elbee909

Chelsea will spend. I said when Owen signed  that it was the beginning of the end for Man U's dominance and hopefully sunday will put it in writing.

What did you say when Sheringham signed, just out of interest?

Even with a team missing top quality in several areas ManU have pushed Chelsea all the way. Chelsea might be favourites to win it now, but I would never bet against Sir Alex's ability to reinvent.

What did you say when Sheringham signed, just out of interest?

Asking him for a retroactive opinions is pretty pointless.

Don't remember the media being as happy as they're today when we qualified for the CL. :rolleyes:

Well deserved by Tottenham though. Will they have to play a CL qualifier first, if they finish 4th?

Guest Stephen927

Don't remember the media being as happy as they're today when we qualified for the CL. :rolleyes:

Well deserved by Tottenham though. Will they have to play a CL qualifier first, if they finish 4th?

3rd and 4th have to play qualifiers, 1st and 2nd go straight through to the group stages.

Guest neesy111

3rd and 4th have to play qualifiers, 1st and 2nd go straight through to the group stages.

:no:

it changed last season, only 4th placed team goes into qualifying round now

Ronaldo in 'Rich club will spend money' shocker!