The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

Guest je85

Wonder what that guy with the "2011 Champions League Winners" tatoo will do now.

EDIT: Ah, here he is

http://m.gmgrd.co.uk/res/140.$plit/C_71_article_1132137_image_list_image_list_item_0_image.jpg?17%2F08%2F2009%2011%3A47%3A27%3A861

Is he the same daft prick with the Kaka and Robinhio tats?

Wonder what that guy with the "2011 Champions League Winners" tatoo will do now.

http://m.gmgrd.co.uk/res/140.$plit/C_71_article_1132137_image_list_image_list_item_0_image.jpg?17%2F08%2F2009%2011%3A47%3A27%3A861

Looks like Stephen Ireland's brother :D

Is he the same daft prick with the Kaka and Robinhio tats?

Different guy.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/manchester/8487297.stm

Fucking hell I knew Stephen Ireland had drink problems but I didn't know he'd hit the crack :lol:

Have to say while I very rarely like to see the Spuds do well I was praying for them to keep Man City out of the Champions League.  The Spuds may have been an annoying media delusion for the past several years but Man City are the worst thing to happen to Football since Hillsborough.

I'm in emotional pain right now. I don't think I can take Spurs in the Champions League (as much as they deserved to win tonight). For some reason, they've always been attractive to players but now they actually have a reason. This could be the start of something horrible :weep:

And it makes Harry happy :angry:

Not a good night

Hopefully they'll fuck up the qualifier (that Sky's big hypefest tonight seemed to completely ignore - you get £40m just for playing someone like Celta Vigo do you?) so everyone's happy.

Guest je85

Not sure what it is but I get the feeling that despite all the money, its never going to happen for Man City.

I think this is just postponing it.

There's too much instability at City, on and off the field. There's a problem with team spirit. When the pressure was on tonight, they fell apart while Spurs just kept going.

Santa Cruz - a good player - came on but never looked like he wanted to bust a gut to save his team or his manager. At the end, Bellamy had a big grin on his face as he congratulated Redknapp. They've got a lot of players who came for the money and they're not really gelling yet.

And won't. I said this on here last summer, they have the money but no spine to the team like Chelsea did from 04 onwards. No Lampard, no Terry, no Drogba. They have 11 overrated individuals and a manager who knew very little about them in December, and not much more now.

Nonetheless, they almost captured 4th spot with a squad that doesn't really have world-class players (Tévez maybe) and with switching manager mid-season. Their project has gained credibility, and even if they won't attract the Kakás, Torres or Messis they can go and get themselves some very notable players this summer. With Liverpool being a mess with a poor squad, I can't really see ManCity failing to get fourth spot next season.

Honestly, as long as that sheik doesn't get bored they'll get there.

Project, I fucking hate that buzzword in Football after hearing the Man City lot use it every five seconds in every interview they did for the last couple of years.  Not having a go at you Village Idiot, just every time the Man City lot said it I found myself wanting to kick their faces in.

Anyway I'm just glad they've been slowed down.  Can't see them signing any players much better then the ones they already have without Champions League Football and hopefully if they qualify next year FIFA will have brought in the rules about spending vs turnover, I can hope anyway :)

I'm in emotional pain right now. I don't think I can take Spurs in the Champions League (as much as they deserved to win tonight). For some reason, they've always been attractive to players but now they actually have a reason. This could be the start of something horrible  :weep:

And it makes Harry happy  :angry:

Not a good night

I don't think it was so much that they were particularly attractive to players.  It was more that the press loved to link them with every good player going.  It created the illusion that they were interesting/signing masses of class players when in reality they were mostly signing loads of cheap players with potential until recently.

Project, I f***ing hate that buzzword in Football after hearing the Man City lot use it every five seconds in every interview they did for the last couple of years.  Not having a go at you Village Idiot, just every time the Man City lot said it I found myself wanting to kick their faces in.

Anyway I'm just glad they've been slowed down.  Can't see them signing any players much better then the ones they already have without Champions League Football and hopefully if they qualify next year FIFA will have brought in the rules about spending vs turnover, I can hope anyway :)

Mmmm... it's a pretty common word to use in Spain regarding football when a new manager/board comes into a club and shakes things up.

I'll abstain from uttering the words "Ashley's project" just in case  :sadnod:

Guest kingdawson

Deserved imo. Never thought we'd do it but what a fantastic achievement (especially with the crazy injury list).

All the commentators and journalists loving how Spurs have broken into the top 4, and will probably claim that they are the first team to do it in recent history, forgetting us doing it twice in a row and Everton a few years ago. Cockney c**ts

The Star had a made-up story about Gudjohnsen on its front page to unsettle Spurs before the match. Apparently two members of their editorial team are City fans. Ultimately, many (particularly tabloid) journalists are lazy twats with agendas - some pro-certain teams, some anti. I know there's an 'Arry bandwagon etc but surely suggesting that the media will "probably claim they're the first team to do it in recent history" implies that it's you with the agenda here.

btw, gutted I didn't have a bet on Spurs to finish top 4.

I said they would in the summer while everyone was having a City wankfest and tipping Liverpool for the title. Would have got good odds.

btw, gutted I didn't have a bet on Spurs to finish top 4.

I said they would in the summer while everyone was having a City wankfest and tipping Liverpool for the title. Would have got good odds.

I would laugh my head off if Torres and Gerrard left in the summer and Liverpool had a bad season and went down.

At least Andy recalled us being refereed out of the Champions League.  :snod:

Spurs IMO deserve to be in the top 4. Admittedly that's a lot being down to the fact we completely outplayed Man City twice.  :aww: