The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

Can't help but think that the Man City v Spurs game is being overhyped - two teams playing for fourth position, to gain the right to play a qualifying game which if they win they gain the right to enter the group stages of a competition they have no hope whatsover of winning. 

The press will have Spurs amongst the favourites if they qualify like.

Guest toonlass

Lee Stewart! No surprise to see him switch allegiance now Man Utd have lost the title.

Where's this?

Guest Geordiesned

If Citeh clinch 4th I can see them doing very well in the Champions League next season with the money they have available and the players they'll be able to attract.

Lee Stewart! No surprise to see him switch allegiance now Man Utd have lost the title.

Where's this?

It was a fat lass who walked out with the players. Only me who saw it, evidently.

Can't help but think that the Man City v Spurs game is being overhyped - two teams playing for fourth position, to gain the right to play a qualifying game which if they win they gain the right to enter the group stages of a competition they have no hope whatsover of winning. 

Think it just comes down to seeing someone else in the Champions League besides the usual top 4.

A bit like Fulham gaining the right to play a game that if they won would take them to another qualifying round of the Europa League which they have no chance of winning or getting to the final of?

Guest Brummiemag

A bit like Fulham gaining the right to play a game that if they won would take them to another qualifying round of the Europa League which they have no chance of winning or getting to the final of?

Fair point but its not really the same and I dont remember a lot of hype about Fulham qualifying for the Europa League. But I suppose the media don't love Fulham like they love Spurs