The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

Guest Heneage

What a bloke Holloyway is, he's proved a lot of doubters today. And even just now he refuses to take credit. He seems a top top bloke.

From the 2009/10 Predictions thread.....

Championship

Promotion: Middlesbrough, Sheff Utd, WBA (Playoffs: Reading, WBA, Notts Forest, Cardiff) - Newcastle to finish 15th

Relegation: Plymouth, Blackpool, Scunthorpe

Dark horses: Notts Forest, Derby, Bristol City, David Clarkson, George Boyd

Top Scorer: Michael Chopra

A pretty poor set, made even worse by the bolded part.

I'm bloody made up that Blackpool have gone up  :celb: I can't believe they did it, and it hurts to actually think how they managed to, but isn't football wonderful? I didn't like fairytales when I was a kid, but this one is a beautifully tangerine exception  :laugh:

Blackpool make me want to eat jelly tots for some reason.

Jelly tots are underrated to f***. I wish you could get massive bags of them rather than them little kiddy packets.

You can. They're rare. But you can.

Listening to Bright, you'd think that 5 goals in one half had never happened in the history of football.

:lol: I thought that.  It's like saying "2 sendings off! In one game! Football has been shaken to its very core!"

Yeah, he seemed very surprised.

Wonder how many of the Blackpool lot at Wembley today haven't been to a game all season.

Tbf it happens with all clubs. It's like when you get 35,000 Oxford fans at their Final, or when thousands travel to Wembley from up here with Whitley Bay, etc.

Milito reminds me a bit of Shearer minus a bit of the aerial play. He just does all the basic things really, really well, and as such makes finishing look so easy.

Milito reminds me a bit of Shearer minus a bit of the aerial play. He just does all the basic things really, really well, and as such makes finishing look so easy.

Can I ask you how much of Shearer you watched btw? Especially in his prime.

Don't get me wrong Milito is a class act, but he's nothing like Shearer.

Can I ask you how much of Shearer you watched btw? Especially in his prime.

Don't get me wrong Milito is a class act, but he's nothing like Shearer.

Not a lot in detail.  :lol:

I always associated Shearer with making sticking the ball in the net look ridiculously easy, and Milito seems to do the same.