The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

Tulio OG.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES! :celb:

Two major international-level f***-ups this year for the fake-Japanese c***.

Why is he fake?

I think he's Brazilian-born.

He's a brazilian who gets to play for Japan by virtue of having a Japanese grandfather.

Japan have a bit of previous with this naturalised Brazilian shit. Alex at the last World Cup is one that sticks out.

Weren't Korea gonna try something similar not long ago? Mota or somebody.

Guest firetotheworks

It's only recently happened. 'Koreans' who have lived in Japan for 3 and 4 generations have only recently been able to get Japanese Nationalism.

Guest neesy111

England simply don't have a good enough squad, the first team is fine but when gaps appear it seem's to upset the whole balance of the team

Also why can't we get this mentality of the germans, because it's known that england while having a 11 world class players can't fit them into a team, and also lack balance between wings, of just picking the very best team and being very disciplined, 3 world cups and more final's have shown their philosophy get's them results

Capello should just pick Bale.  Then again, he doesn't watch teams outside the top 4.

:lol: Is that a joke? I can't tell.

Same :lol:

think it was serious, but will turn into one of those "whoosh" ones. difficult to gauge.

Tulio OG.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES! :celb:

Two major international-level f***-ups this year for the fake-Japanese c***.

Why is he fake?

I think he's Brazilian-born.

He's a brazilian who gets to play for Japan by virtue of having a Japanese grandfather.

Japan have a bit of previous with this naturalised Brazilian s***. Alex at the last World Cup is one that sticks out.

Weren't Korea gonna try something similar not long ago? Mota or somebody.

Motta mentioned it as a throwaway comment in a magazine interview a couple years ago. A big deal was made out of it but he moved to the J-League a couple of months later so that idea went out the window. He's back in Korea now but it hasn't really crossed anybody's mind because our forwards are better now.

Realistically it's very hard for us to have naturalized foreigners in our NT because we don't have a readily available football-playing Diaspora like the Japanese do with the Brazilians and our citizenship regulations are very strict. You have to work here for five years and pass some pretty hardcore Korean language and history tests. Very few foreign K-League players even stay for that long, never mind having that kind of dedication.

And that's without even getting into the whole cultural thing (we take our "100% pure Korean"-ness very seriously.) Overall I don't think it's likely to happen anytime soon. Shame really, because there are a couple of foreigners playing the K-League right now who would be fantastic for the NT.

It's only recently happened. 'Koreans' who have lived in Japan for 3 and 4 generations have only recently been able to get Japanese Nationalism.

I thought the Japs had a special relationship with Brazil?

There's a lot of Brazilians in Japan and vice versa as well, so they get to pick up Brazilians who grew up in Japan, Brazilians in Brazil with Japanese parents/grandparents etc.

As for the Koreans, it's mostly people who's grandparents moved/were forced to move there during the occupation and never got around to going back home. I wouldn't really class these players as Koreans because they're really just Japanese in every way but name. Grew up in Japan/Speak Japanese/have a Japanese passport etc. As far as I know, no "Jainichi," as we call them, has made the Japanese NT in recent memory. A couple of them are making up the spine of the North Korean team though, including Chong Tae-Se, who's pretty much the best out-and-out goalscorer in Asia at the moment.

There's a lot of Brazilians in Japan and vice versa as well, so they get to pick up Brazilians who grew up in Japan, Brazilians in Brazil with Japanese parents/grandparents etc.

As for the Koreans, it's mostly people who's grandparents moved/were forced to move there during the occupation and never got around to going back home. I wouldn't really class these players as Koreans because they're really just Japanese in every way but name. Grew up in Japan/Speak Japanese/have a Japanese passport etc. As far as I know, no "Jainichi," as we call them, has made the Japanese NT in recent memory. A couple of them are making up the spine of the North Korean team though, including Chong Tae-Se, who's pretty much the best out-and-out goalscorer in Asia at the moment.

His goals vs Greece were fantastic.

Him alongside Park Chu-Young might have been alright for you guys. Oh well, that boat has sailed.

Capello should just pick Bale.  Then again, he doesn't watch teams outside the top 4.

:lol: Is that a joke? I can't tell.

Same :lol:

think it was serious, but will turn into one of those "whoosh" ones. difficult to gauge.

It just has soo much wrong with it, ignoring the Bale comment, the fact that the keeper who started today was from a team bottom of the premiership etc..

Unless it's a "inside joke" I have missed I just don't understand it :lol:

Him alongside Park Chu-Young might have been alright for you guys. Oh well, that boat has sailed.

Every time I watch him play I want to knock some sense into his parents for sending him to a North Korean-affiliated school as a child and putting funny thoughts into his head. Ah well, I reckon he would've probably just played for Japan if he didn't play for North Korea, which would be even worse.

Every time I watch him play I want to knock some sense into his parents for sending him to a North Korean-affiliated school as a child and putting funny thoughts into his head. Ah well, I reckon he would've probably just played for Japan if he didn't play for North Korea, which would be even worse.

We thought you were North Korean, eh? :dowie:

Guest toonlass

We thought you were North Korean, eh? :dowie:

Did we?