The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

http://www.donga.com/photo/news/200906/200906180230.jpg

Just wanted to elaborate a bit more on one of my personal legends :lol:

Du-Ri Cha is a bit of a cult hero over here. He's a complete freak of nature: an Asian with the speed of Martins and the strength of Drogba (runs the 100m in under 11 seconds, has actually tussled shoulder-to-shoulder with Drogba and knocked him over.) Just one thing: he cannot play football. At all.

If he had even an ounce of aptitude for the game he probably would have been the greatest striker to ever wear a Korea shirt, instead he got shunted out to fullback midway through his career because his club manager realized that was the position where he'd be able to use his speed and strength while doing the least damage to the team as a whole.

It's a bit mental at South Korea home games. We cheer whenever he picks up the ball, cheer whenever he steamrolls over an entire flank and runs through onto goal, and cheer even louder when he inevitably f***s it up in the most comical fashion imaginable. Absolute legend (and he'll be marking Messi by the way)

Would love it for us to sign him :lol:

I`ve watched quite a bit of the Bundesliga over the years (on and off) and Cha Du Ri hasn`t really cemented himself a regular place in any of his teams and  has always been shuffled around different positions.......well for Frankfurt and FSV Mainz anyway.  Haven`t seen much of Freiburg at all though.

He is out of contract with Freiburg apparently now....just what our hierarchy wants (FREE).... :frantic: ...though he is 29. I read anyway that he wants to move to the K-league. If he continues to do well at this world cup he might change his mind.

PS: living in Korea, I haven`t seen much of this cult hero status of his that you mentioned! unless it has been very recent

http://www.donga.com/photo/news/200906/200906180230.jpg

Du-Ri Cha is a bit of a cult hero over here. He's a complete freak of nature: an Asian with the speed of Martins and the strength of Drogba (runs the 100m in under 11 seconds, has actually tussled shoulder-to-shoulder with Drogba and knocked him over.) Just one thing: he cannot play football. At all.

If he had even an ounce of aptitude for the game he probably would have been the greatest striker to ever wear a Korea shirt, instead he got shunted out to fullback midway through his career because his club manager realized that was the position where he'd be able to use his speed and strength while doing the least damage to the team as a whole.

It's a bit mental at South Korea home games. We cheer whenever he picks up the ball, cheer whenever he steamrolls over an entire flank and runs through onto goal, and cheer even louder when he inevitably f***s it up in the most comical fashion imaginable. Absolute legend (and he'll be marking Messi by the way)

I`ve watched quite a bit of the Bundesliga over the years (on and off) and Cha Du Ri hasn`t really cemented himself a regular place in any of his teams and  has always been shuffled around different positions.......well for Frankfurt and FSV Mainz anyway.  Haven`t seen much of Freiburg at all though.

He is out of contract with Freiburg apparently now....just what our hierarchy wants (FREE).... :frantic: ...though he is 29. I read anyway that he wants to move to the K-league. If he continues to do well at this world cup he might change his mind.

PS: living in Korea, I haven`t seen much of this cult hero status of his that you mentioned! unless it has been very recent

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_Zs0kfwV6jXk/TBXmfNohFMI/AAAAAAAAAGc/Ra-YVt8XTV0/s640/00700.jpg

http://www.gasengi.com/data/cheditor4/1006/jpIkbxTo.jpg

Are you sure it's not just that you haven't been looking hard enough? :lol:

]

I was at World Cup stadium watching the game with the thousands of others..... and hardly anyone mentioned the lad before the game when I was talking to them about the team/players....well now is different. :lol:

where did you watch it? Coex? City Hall?

]

I was at World Cup stadium watching the game with the thousands of others..... and hardly anyone mentioned the lad before the game when I was talking to them about the team/players....well now is different. :lol:

where did you watch it? Coex? City Hall?

I stayed home cooked a nice meal with 5 of my mates and got piss drunk. Didn't feel like braving the crowds this time.

I dunno who you've been listening to but I'm surprised there's been no mention of him, I was at World Cup Stadium for our last home friendly against Ecuador and everyone was going bonkers whenever he touched the ball.

• 3 weeks later...

Listening to Montreal Impact vs. Vancouver Whitecaps.

The Canadian accent on the commentators are making this a very, very, amusing experience. :lol:

Absolutely love the Impact.  Stoked for them to (hopefully) get the next MLS expansion.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest ObiChrisKenobi

That young 'un for Spartak M looks half decent, it amazes me at how much sleeper talent is currently playing in Russia - though that could be my own ignorance.

Great to see Essien back!

One of my favourite players. Great technically, very strong, very clever and a great attitude. Too good for Chelski really.

Said on SSN that pre match warm up he took a shot, hit it wide and smashed a young kid in the face, blood all over. 

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Looks like the San Jose v Tottenham was cancelled or ESPN have fucked the coverage up.