The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

Another total non-performance from Aguero, by the way.

Didn't exactly have much help like. Him and Forlan were as anonymous as each other because Atlético's midfield (and defence, of course) were woeful. Aguero has shown enough in La Liga over the past few years (and last year's Champions League) to show that in a better team he'd be pretty prolific.

I look forward to seeing the highlights of the other games later on. :)

Never understood what all the hype about him is for, always seemed pretty average to me.

I'm seen him play some absolutely fantastic footbll before. He needs some time to develop consistency though. I mean, do people realise he only turned 21 this summer, give him some time, ffs. :lol:

Didn't exactly have much help like. Him and Forlan were as anonymous as each other because Atlético's midfield (and defence, of course) were woeful. Aguero has shown enough in La Liga over the past few years (and last year's Champions League) to show that in a better team he'd be pretty prolific.

Should of done a lot better with that chance he had in first half.

Should of done a lot better with that chance he had in first half.

Low on confidence probably, like the rest of the team. I think people forget his age.

Guest kingdawson

Kun is class. I don't usually agree with Kezman but he's right on this occasion. When he eventually leaves the underachieving joke that is Atletico, you'll see how good he is.

Although Forlan had very little to work with in terms of actual service, he was still on the ball a lot of times and helped build a fair amount of attacking movements (which all seemed to break down on the flanks). I can remember Aguero touching the ball about three times in the final hour of the game. Good players, really good players, ones that are considered 'world class' tend to be able to at least be involved in a game where it's going against the team. He looked no different to any of the other poor players they had out there today, that moment of sheer brilliance that the likes of Drogba, Torres, Ibrahimovic, Villa etc can provide in a game going against them never looked like arriving from Aguero, because he wasn't near the ball.

I do think he's a good player fwiw, just definately second (or probably higher third) bracket in terms of the strikers there are out there.

2-2, nice.

Brilliant. Vamos Madrid! One more! Una mas!!

Actually, the popular cheer for Real is "¡Hala Madrid!". (Now I have to go wash my hands after typing it)

2-3 cracking game to be frank, and didn't expect Milan to win. Is it me of does Kaká kinda disappear in big games? He was nonexistant against Sevilla, did sod all tonight and again did sod all when we played Milan in the CL semifinal of 2006.

Softens the blow of us being so dire last night  :aww:

Atletico are basically the Hotspurs of La Liga (except it's a big two instead of big four). They do alot of posturing and spending in the transfer market, but at the end of the say they are a second rate team. Kun should leave. I see him at Chelsea if they get they're ban overturned. (no offence KD)

Although Forlan had very little to work with in terms of actual service, he was still on the ball a lot of times and helped build a fair amount of attacking movements (which all seemed to break down on the flanks). I can remember Aguero touching the ball about three times in the final hour of the game. Good players, really good players, ones that are considered 'world class' tend to be able to at least be involved in a game where it's going against the team. He looked no different to any of the other poor players they had out there today, that moment of sheer brilliance that the likes of Drogba, Torres, Ibrahimovic, Villa etc can provide in a game going against them never looked like arriving from Aguero, because he wasn't near the ball.

I do think he's a good player fwiw, just definately second (or probably higher third) bracket in terms of the strikers there are out there.

I thought he had more impact on that game than Forlan did tbh, created two good chances for Maxi and had a couple of his own. Forlan hardly had a kick. ???

2-2, nice.

Actually, the popular cheer for Real is "¡Hala Madrid!". (Now I have to go wash my hands after typing it)

2-3 cracking game to be frank, and didn't expect Milan to win. Is it me of does Kaká kinda disappear in big games? He was nonexistant against Sevilla, did sod all tonight and again did sod all when we played Milan in the CL semifinal of 2006.

I don't actually care for Madrid. I support Marseille and want them to go through. they did their job and won in Zurich, but Casillas and the clowns in Madrid's defence saw fit to gift Milan three points.

I thought he had more impact on that game than Forlan did tbh, created two good chances for Maxi and had a couple of his own. Forlan hardly had a kick.  ???

I suppose it's all relative, but Forlan did have a hand in most of the more fluid movements they produced (at least I thought so, anyway). In all fairness, tonight wasn't really a night where it's particularly easy for us to evaluate either of the two forwards considering they were feeding off scraps. I still didn't really see that much of Aguero on the ball though.

Totally unrelated, but why wasn't Maxi Rodriguez starting? Has he just come back from injury or something like that?

Guest kingdawson

Atletico are basically the Hotspurs of La Liga (except it's a big two instead of big four). They do alot of posturing and spending in the transfer market, but at the end of the say they are a second rate team. Kun should leave. I see him at Chelsea if they get they're ban overturned. (no offence KD)

You're spot on. I've said the same thing for a long long time (this is probably a reason why i like Atletico too).

Put it this way, Aguero is a better player for Atletico than Torres ever was. Despite the hype, Torres was prone to missing good chances and i actually thought he wouldn't be a success in England. Selling Torres and replacing him with Kun was one of the best pieces of Transfer business Atletico have ever done.

Guest kingdawson

The best bit of business A.Madrid have done in recent times is signing the bloke who has won the Golden boot twice.

That too. When they signed him, everyone was going on about how badly they overpaid but he's been excellent.

Guest kingdawson

I thought he had more impact on that game than Forlan did tbh, created two good chances for Maxi and had a couple of his own. Forlan hardly had a kick.  ???

I suppose it's all relative, but Forlan did have a hand in most of the more fluid movements they produced (at least I thought so, anyway). In all fairness, tonight wasn't really a night where it's particularly easy for us to evaluate either of the two forwards considering they were feeding off scraps. I still didn't really see that much of Aguero on the ball though.

Totally unrelated, but why wasn't Maxi Rodriguez starting? Has he just come back from injury or something like that?

Maxi's been rather shit whenever he's played this season. Should have left in the summer when he had the chance.

Guest Heneage

But they've paid what they did for Aguero because of his potential. The figures are the same but the reasons are totally different.

Yet all of the players that you have mentioned above are far more developed footballing wise than Aguero. Although I know you're going over the top to wind up Nixon. ;)

2-2, nice.

Dunno about that Kaka judgement like. Single handedly destroyed Man Utd a few years back.