The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

ahhh the arrogant Man u fans , you gotta hate them . Had a banner saying UNITED > ENGLAND .

Not far off the truth though tbh.

The Real Madrid "second string" tonight losing currently is...

DUDEK; ARBELOA, METZELDER, ALBIOL, DRENTHE; DIARRA, GUTI; GRANERO, VAN DER VAART; RAÚL Y BENZEMA

4-0!!!!!  :mackems: :mackems:

What the hell is going on there then?

Madrid just don't look bothered. And it is certainly not a weak team.

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/09/10/26/SOCCER_Copa_del_Rey_Preview.html

""I remember the bad impression we gave last year against Real Union," he said.

"We can't fail our fans again. We have to go for it in every competition, and the cup motivates us.""

:lol:

A friend just told me and I couldn't believe it, but... Real Madrid has been just twatted 4-0 by Segunda B minnow Alcorcón in the cup.  :facepalm:

Now they have to put five past them at Bernabéu (achieveable if they care) to not lose the tie (hate they went back to dual leg ties after big teams started to get too many upsets).

A friend just told me and I couldn't believe it, but... Real Madrid has been just twatted 4-0 by Segunda B minnow Alcorcón in the cup.  :facepalm:

Now they have to put five past them at Bernabéu (achieveable if they care) to not lose the tie (hate they went back to dual leg ties after big teams started to get too many upsets).

Embarassing how little they care, tbh. I know they have bigger things in mind, but that really is just a disgrace. Hope they lose by twice as much as the Bernabeu.

Guest kingdawson

We've been decimated but it doesn't excuse some of our defending recently. We need a performance to turn it around, and ffs we need players back asap.

King, Woodgate, Corluka, Lennon, Modric, Crouch , Defoe , Kranjcar and Gio all not playing (and 8 of them are probable starters). It was basically our reserve team.  If it wasn't for Keane and Pavlychenko being complete garbage, we could have scored much more.

We've been decimated but it doesn't excuse some of our defending recently. We need a performance to turn it around, and ffs we need players back asap.

King, Woodgate, Corluka, Lennon, Modric, Crouch , Defoe , Kranjcar and Gio all not playing (and 8 of them are probable starters). It was basically our reserve team.  If it wasn't for Keane and Pavlychenko being complete garbage, we could have scored much more.

In fairness your squad on paper is immense, you have about 22 players all of good quality, hence the bewilderment as to how you've struggled in the past few years.