The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

Guest kingdawson

Saha was great when he came on tbf. It just annoys me when we throw away games like that. We had som many clear cut chances but it's just not going in for us. Coleman turning Bale inside out was pretty hard to watch. One thing i noticed though, Everton palyers do half make the most of things at times. Throwing themselves to the floor at every opportunity.

I would have took a draw before the game though so i guess that's a small positive.

Guest kingdawson

I'd have had Huddlestone and Bale ahead of Defoe for taking that btw, knew he'd miss. He's instinctive, not the best type to have taking a pen, much like Martins wasn't for us.

Wasn't his day today despite the goal. Missed quite a few chances throughout.

I'd have had Huddlestone and Bale ahead of Defoe for taking that btw, knew he'd miss. He's instinctive, not the best type to have taking a pen, much like Martins wasn't for us.

and Owen.

Owen? If I remember correctly he scored always from spot kicks for us.

Guest firetotheworks

I dont think you've got too much to grumble about tbh KD. Obviously in that match you did, but overall I wouldn't say things aren't going your way at all. Your form's pretty good.

Looking cracking for the world cup like, when Fat Frank and Defoe step up to take the inevitable penalty shoot out kicks...

Gerrards got plenty of time to work on his starfish though.

Guest kingdawson

I dont think you've got too much to grumble about tbh KD. Obviously in that match you did, but overall I wouldn't say things aren't going your way at all. Your form's pretty good.

Yeh you're right. It's just we should have beaten Villa, United, and Everton today but the chances we keep missing is a joke. That's football i guess.

This is so cruel.

Yeh for us. Another game where we don't want to win.

I said it was cruel not in relation to Hibbert's recklessness, but I thought it was inevitable Defoe was going to score.

Your lot had every right to think 2 would have been enough, we looked hopeless 2nd half up until Saha's introduction.

Saha's ten times the player Jo is, what the hell is Moyes playing at keeping Jo in the team?

I think much like last week, Saha wasn't fully fit so Moyes didn't want to start him.

Saha was great when he came on tbf. It just annoys me when we throw away games like that. We had som many clear cut chances but it's just not going in for us. Coleman turning Bale inside out was pretty hard to watch. One thing i noticed though, Everton palyers do half make the most of things at times. Throwing themselves to the floor at every opportunity.

I would have took a draw before the game though so i guess that's a small positive.

I thought, particularly first half, you got a few iffy decisions yourselves so I'd say it was fairly even in that respect. Didn't think the ref was very good though.

Guest kingdawson

This is so cruel.

Yeh for us. Another game where we don't want to win.

I said it was cruel not in relation to Hibbert's recklessness, but I thought it was inevitable Defoe was going to score.

Your lot had every right to think 2 would have been enough, we looked hopeless 2nd half up until Saha's introduction.

Saha's ten times the player Jo is, what the hell is Moyes playing at keeping Jo in the team?

I think much like last week, Saha wasn't fully fit so Moyes didn't want to start him.

I thought, particularly first half, you got a few iffy decisions yourselves so I'd say it was fairly even in that respect. Didn't think the ref was very good though.

Did you see Fellaini's behavior today? the guy claimed Ekotto elbowed him which he didn't (the nerve of Fellaini complaining about an elbow). He hand balled twice and kept dropping at every opportunity. He acted like a total twat the whole game.

Guest firetotheworks

I hated Fellaini when we player Everton but I thought he, Ekotto and Dawson all could have easily been sent off. The ref seemed to insist upon giving out yellow cards, and then letting players off with a second.

Guest kingdawson

Bassong has been good overall but does look shaky at times. Dawson has been immense for a season and a half now. Back to how he played when we first signed him.

Redknapp's comments a couple of days ago hint that Woody will probably retire soon.

Really was an awful, awful penalty from Defoe.

As good a finisher as he is, he is just not a penalty taker.

There's a hell of a conclusion, Lampard and Fabregas also missed penalties this weekend. It's easily done.

Shearer's just went on for 2 minutes going on about how Lennon's crossing has improved because he's whipping the ball in these days rather than trying to pick a player out...before saying, "the thing I liked about Coleman when he got forward was that he looked to pick people out".

One or the other Al man. :lol:

Lampard is an excellent penalty taker though, and 99% of the time he hits a good, well placed pen.

Defoe on the other hand does the same every time, just puts his laces through it and it's usually low and around the middle of the goal.  Never been convincing.