The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

Can't believe the bollocks that Lawrenson is talking about Liverpool. Something along the lines of "the owners can probably live with the results at the moment, but if the crowds start dipping then that's it. Because that's MONEY. And that's what the Americans are all about, money".

Oh right. A couple of thousand off the gate loses them a fraction of what they'd have to pay out in compensation to Benitez (who has recently signed a new deal of course) and his staff, in addition to the spending money you'd have to give a new manager. Falling attendances would maybe crank the pressure up but money doesn't come into it. How is this not obvious to him?

Can't believe the bollocks that Lawrenson is talking about Liverpool.  Something along the lines of "the owners can probably live with the results at the moment, but if the crowds start dipping then that's it.  Because that's MONEY.  And that's what the Americans are all about, money".

Oh right.  A couple of thousand off the gate loses them a fraction of what they'd have to pay out in compensation to Benitez (who has recently signed a new deal of course) and his staff, in addition to the spending money you'd have to give a new manager.  Falling attendances would maybe crank the pressure up but money doesn't come into it.  How is this not obvious to him?

It's Lawro. That's the only answer I can give.

Guest Heneage

WTF !

Ed Chamberlin just said on SSN "Over 40,000 fans at Anfield tonight for a game that didnt mean anything".

Oh Woe is the life of a Liverpool fan

Most games after January mean nothing at Anfield.

WTF !

Ed Chamberlin just said on SSN "Over 40,000 fans at Anfield tonight for a game that didnt mean anything".

Oh Woe is the life of a Liverpool fan

Most games after January mean nothing at Anfield.

And talking about the arsenal game, he said "and can they get anything on Sunday...... Super Sunday". Arent Sky presenters allowed to just refer to days of the week, like they have the past goodness knows how many hundred years.

Guest Heneage

What a deluded sod Thompson is. 'It comes from nothing' if Arsenal were in bad form he'd not be saying that, he'd be saying he can only see Liverpool winning it.

WTF is Torres doing staying at the cheating, self-pitying bin-dippers ? He's absolute class. Gilardino looks like a porky Berbatov.... only better.. much better.

He'll go to City if they finish 4th at the expense of Liverpool imo.

Guest Geordiesned

5 live wouldn't shut up about that Tom Cruise lad tonight! I think they managed to slip the title of just about every film he's been in into the conversation even when they weren't talking about Arsenal!

What I don't get is the fixtures are surposed to be as random as possible, but the top 4 usually play each other on the same day, so that sky can make a day off it, it happens atleast twice every year. I mean how unrandom can you get?

5 live wouldn't shut up about that Tom Cruise lad tonight! I think they managed to slip the title of just about every film he's been in into the conversation even when they weren't talking about Arsenal!

"Top Gun!" on half the nation's new outlets the day he scores.

"Top Gun-ner!" on half the nation's new outlets the day he scores.

fyp