The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

Defoe must be the best finisher in the league. Unbelievable strikes lately.

For the first goal?.

That was superb and his goals against Hull were great finishes too..

Yes it was nice, although Lennon's was a much nicer goal.

Guest firetotheworks

And a large proportion of people on this forum didn't want him anywhere near our team when we've linked with him in the past. Go figure.

Got a link to that? I can't remember, but I'm always sceptical when someone makes a claim like yours there.

If its true then its probably because the level we were used to was Shearer and Bellamy, in which case its entirely understandable.

And a large proportion of people on this forum didn't want him anywhere near our team when we've linked with him in the past. Go figure.

Got a link to that? I can't remember, but I'm always sceptical when someone makes a claim like yours there.

I cba to find one but I recall saying time and again dafoe would be good for us but most people said he was no good or had lost his touch. Especially when he was at pompey.

:facepalm:

Never seen Liverpool play?  Look out for the gay looking striker.

As for not wanting Defoe, people probably said it when we had Shearer-Owen up front, hardly controversial.

Would I want Defoe now?  No......we got Shola-goals.  >:D

Guest firetotheworks

If he means at the moment then he's right tbh, if he means overall then you're right.

Defoe is one the best finishers in the league, I don't see how people can argue that much. Torres is of course probably the best in the world but dafoe has always been decent quality, just now hes on top form in a decent side.

Guest firetotheworks

As far as clinical finishing is concerned, it's hard to look past Eduardo.

Still Torres for me, but I do love Eduardo. I remember a commentator describing him as a scalpel. I thought that was a pretty accurate description of him.

As for not wanting Defoe, people probably said it when we had Shearer-Owen up front, hardly controversial.

Would I want Defoe now?  No......we got Shola-goals.  >:D

Of course Torres is the best there is alongside Eto'o imo, but Defoe on this form just scores for fun. Love the way he just smashes them in.

Playing wise I can see why people didn't want him when we got rid of Bellamy, doesn't offer much in the build up play.

Guest firetotheworks

This feature on Ancilotte is class. Gattuso's just been on saying 'When he went to Chelsea I was so jealous, I thought "You piece of shit! You've left me here and went off to manage a team with such amazing players" He meant it in a playful way though.

This feature on Ancilotte is class. Gattuso's just been on saying 'When he went to Chelsea I was so jealous, I thought "You piece of s***! You've left me here and went off to manage a team with such amazing players" He meant it in a playful way though.

I was laughing all the way through Gattuso's interview. Especially where he was like "He can't run, but he does anyway to lose all the weight...so he can put it all back on again. He loves food". I got a mental image of Viduka.

Guest firetotheworks

We're playing s**** again, how can't anyone just play a simple pass to a teammate?

Welcome to our world.